Home World & Ancient Coins Forum

2 Coins I have(not sure if this is right section)

Here are two coins I have come accross since having access to a till at my new job, the one on the right i came accross a 2nd but spent it in error at a shop R5 = 0.75$ approximately and I know people here paying in excess of R250 for the coin on the right already and its only 3 years old:

So without further ado here are the coins, the 1st(left) is of the Parliment buldings and was minted(1994) to cmmemorate The induction of Neln Mandela as President , there was another and much rarer IMO that has his portrait simlilar to the one on the right. The one on the right was minted to commemorate his 90th birthday 3 years ago(1week 3 yrs eactly) and is pretty hard to come by. let me know what you think, if you are interested in some of our old money I can post pictures aswell.

I really like these coins as he is 1 of my personal Idols, an truly inspirational leader and person.

Craig

Comments

• lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you're in South Africa, then?

That's interesting. I visited there as a child (long ago!). We were sailing up the coast on our way to Tanzania. Stopped at Cape Town, Durban, and Port Elizabeth. It's a pretty country.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

• << <i>I visited there as a child (long ago!). We were sailing up the coast on our way to Tanzania. Stopped at Cape Town, Durban, and Port Elizabeth. >>

Who was your dad, Thurston Howell III? Sheesh! Say hello to your mother, Lovey. image