Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

CLCT Stock

Now that my headache is gone, I'm wired...

Was just wondering if anyone owns CLCT stock. I picked it up a month ago or so, and it's up about $1.50 a share and yields a 9% dividend. I've read that that may be increasing.

No complaints from me, just wished I had bought more.

Take care and would love to hear your thoughts on it.
Miconelegacy Auctions
"Live everyday, don't throw it away"

Comments

• Options
    Should probably give some sort of time frame for the up $1.50.
  • Options
    ??? I bought it when it was at 14.22 a share. It closed today at $15.68. It has done really well the past several months. I do some trading, but keep on hearing we have another 5 years or so in this commodity cycle. With coin grading being it's baby, PSA, aunthenicating, no debt, etc, it would seem this company/stock has a good amount of gas left.

I had never researched it until a few months ago and read where they graded 180,000 Morgan silver dollars from one lot I believe...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    I mean... Bought at what date to see how quick of an increase it was, could go from 14.5 overnight or 10 months you don't know... I checked it and it looks like you bought about a month ago?
  • Options
    TheCARDKidTheCARDKid Posts: 1,496
    I think the commodity upcycle could be for a long time, ie. another 7 or 10 years. Does anyone follow Jim Rogers? He's a pretty big commodity bull. Thinks we've got a ways to go.
  • Options
    One if my friends bought silver a while back. $25k worth. They delivered in an armored truck and there sitting in his vault.

I like this stock CLCT, and being part of PSA makes it even sweeter. I'm gonna pick up a couple hundred more shares. I think this can go to $20, and with the dividend you can't go wrong. CLCT has no debt, and all parts of they're company are increasing in revenues.

Other tip. Advance micro systems ceas up over 16% today. I took part of 8% Shen I bought it. This stock used to be a $40 stock 5 years ago.

So does anyone else own CLCT stock?
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    "One if my friends bought silver a while back. $25k worth. They delivered in an armored truck and there sitting in his vault.

I've produced three different silver legal tender coins with the help of a european bank, which I had meteorites attached to. One backed from Egypt, one from the Cook Islands, and another from a little island near the Phillippines.

I would get $50,000 or more in silver just dropped on my porch, no signature or anything. Use to scare the crap out of me.
    Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    one word "apple"
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    Continues to do very well! The market is getting crushed, and CLCT is up .25 a share today.

I don't want to talk about my losers...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike is was very apparent the relative strength was signaling a move higher.

CLCT broke out big time today on big volume. This may be moving as a metals play. Either way it has moved up from $13.50 to over $18 as the market was turning into a bear phase.

CLCT Chart

Nice job buying this.
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    I bought some yesterday in my pa. I don't usually bother with small cap stocks but in this environment it was tough to ignore the chunky div yield. The stock seems to be correlated to metals and a very low beta so it's not a bad hedge. The biggest concern would be the ability to pay the div. I haven't seen anything that suggests they wouldn't be able to pay it but I also haven't done a ton of research on it. In my experience the Mkt is efficient. It's a bit odd that it would trade with such a high yield if there wasn't a risk the div would be cut. The stock is small cap cap so there is always the chance that it was off most people's radar... But in my experience any time a company is trading with such a high div yield ... There is usually a good reason or the company is structured as a REIT. I still think the west Texas oil refiners are in such a unique situation they will continue to out perform. I think being long hfc and short spy is a good bet. I can't predict with any degree off certainty if the Mkt will be higher or lower 6 months from now... But I do think hfc will out perform the broad Mkt. The best advice I could give to a retail investor is to focus on asset allocation and avoid individual stocks for the most part. If you are retired or about to retire you should be in cash until there is some more clarity regarding the us economy and eu. The correct asset allocation is different for everyone depending on their investment horizon and income needs. Would only suggest buying an individual stock with a small percentage of your portfolio. There is a very small probability that any retail investor is going to significantly out perform the Mkt. They are much better off buying an ETF that fits their need.
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here