Home Precious Metals
Options

Honk Kong Mercantile Exchange begins trading silver futures tomorrow

derrybderryb Posts: 36,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange will start trading dollar denominated silver futures contracts tomorrow. Hope this gives a big wedgie to the COMEX manipulators. image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange will start trading dollar denominated silver futures contracts tomorrow. Hope this gives a big wedgie to the COMEX manipulators. image >>

Will this make the price of silver more volatile, less volatile, or no effect on volatility?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    With a big demand for PMs coming from Asian citizens we should see prices there driven by demand and demand alone. Artificially low prices of the CRIMEX, I mean COMEX, should be threatened.

As we know, silver prices tend to trend gold prices:

Gold “Fever” in Asia and Central Bank Demand Could Cause an “Earthquake” in the Gold Market

• Options
    1000 ounce futures but no options.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    So can Americans buy these? Where to go to get info.? Link?image
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honk if you love geese!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    "So can Americans buy these? Where to go to get info.? Link?"

Yes (if your broker supports it) & LINK
  • Options
    An interesting commentary:

Link
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

<< <i>An interesting commentary:

Link >>

Thanks Captain for sharing that link. Let's hope that he is correct in his thoughts.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    this was done with gold in ~ May 18th of this year.
  • Options
    Well Fidelity is NOT going to let me buy anyimage
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    So should we see some difference in silver price around 5pm today?
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    What will happen if people sell their comex contracts for the Hong Kong contracts, how will this affect physical spot prices here?--------------BigE
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I just signed up for "daily market data" to be e-mailed to me at the close everyday!

Daily market data
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options
    BigEBigE Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭
    Here is another link:

SILVER FUTURES
    I'm glad I am a Tree
  • Options
    Is Kitco going to use current HKME pricing on its website?

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Honk if you love geese! >>

"Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    So what happened over there today?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Honk if you love geese! >>

image >>

Glad somebody finally got it........

• Options
    HKME....... here the gold report. Low volume...... is an understatement!

Sorry.... it lost it's format! image

• Options
    It will be really hard to build a large short postion on the HKME.

Here are the rules:

Spot Month Position Limit: 3,000 contracts (gross long or short); the spot month position limit shall be
    effective from the close of the first business day of the contract month.

Reportable Position: 250 contracts (gross long or short) for each contract month.

I see Morgan Stanley is both a "Clear Member" and a "Broker Member".

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be really hard to build a large short postion on the HKME.

Couldn't a large bank have multiple other entities carry short positions for them at the limit? Since JPM has claimed to be out of the massive silver shorting business on the
    Comex they have probably gotten Morgan Stanley, GS, and others to pick up the load. And does this limit apply to the each individual client of the commerical entity or the
    net position of all their clients?

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    RR, those are great questions. I will be watching the HKME very closely.

I not sure the HKME is a "game changer" or just another way to manipulate the market.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange will start trading dollar denominated silver futures contracts tomorrow. Hope this gives a big wedgie to the COMEX manipulators. image >>

Will this make the price of silver more volatile, less volatile, or no effect on volatility? >>

It will stop the growing disconnect between paper and physical markets dead in its tracks
    unless the bankers can manipulate this exchange as well. Normally the paper market sells
    lower than physical so on average will mean a somewhat higher price for silver. This effect
    will be nominal however.

The more important and greater effect is that it will become far more difficult for the bank-
    sters and others using shenanigans to stop rallies. Tricks with paper have no effect on
    the demand or supply of actual silver.

It seems likely that this will become an important part of the price of silver and, to a lesser
    extent, the price of gold.

In short, look for at least moderate levels of new buying and no games to thwart price
    changes. This will not hurt bulls in bear markets but we may be eating bear for lunch in
    bull markets.
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    Nathan Rothschild along with the People’s Bank of China created the privately owned Hong Kong Mercantile Exchange. According to MarketsWiki the HKMEx was founded by En+ Group. On the face of it, it looks like a Russian company is partnering with China. When you look at the board of En+ Group you see Nathan Rothschild is at the genesis of this new market.

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stand corrected.

It probably can't be good for bulls or bears if the Rothchilds are involved. At least it will be good for the Rothschilds and that's all that really counts.
    Tempus fugit.