Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Autographs
Options

WTB: My White Whale autograph .

I have been collecting autographs for many years and have developed a stronger interest in movie stars lately. I love the hunt of tracking down cast members for my favorite films and matting them together. I currently am collecting the sigs from the original movie 12 Angry Men. I have them all except for Joseph Sweeney. I found somene that has an example but decided not to sell it at this time. If anyone has vintage sigs and is looking to get rid of one please let me know. Also I am looking for Al Lettieri ( sig) he played THE TURK in The Godfather. If you have an example please post it as I would love to see them. Thanks , Paul.

Comments

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Hello there Suntz,

Sets are the way to go! ThumbsUp;
    I have some from that film 1 or 2 but no Sweeney. I would like to mention, since you spoke of older stars, vintage and so on, that I am preparing to sell my rather interesting collection of older Golden Hollywood material.
    This includes a set I am offering now - took me over 10 years - Hitchcok's 1944 classic Lifeboat (complete - Anderson, Angel, Bankhead, Bendix, Cronyn, Hodiak, Hull, Lee, Slezak) all signed material along with a 1944 Fox studio still (double weight orig strike) and a movie program as well as the signed stuff (candids to studio portaits, documents and a few cuts etc.). Apart from the T. Bankhead in that set, I have - Judy Garland, Vivien Leigh, Gloria Swanson, Bette Davis, Joan Crawford, John Huston, Walter Huston, Eddie G. Robinson, Jack Carson, ...on and on. Most of these are signed studio portraits and signed candid photographs - many unique or unpublished. There is a signed Caine Mutiny 1952 Program, several stills from super films (a 1931 UK Dracula) a poster or two ad then more signed material. And photographs - unpublished material of Jack Kerouac to Jackie Gleason and others. I have a 35mm print reel and soundtracks too - the master uncropped print unlike that of Madacy and Rhine and Williams - of Bela Lugosi's last speaking role with original papers and RR COA etc. (from the collection of producer and Ed Wood's friend George Weiss) and more. Write if you have any interest in this material. Already sold - candid of Lou Costello signing an autograph along with a sighed Brown Derby check and a candid of Judy Garland at the Carnegie Hall concert in 1961. Also Mischa Auer 1948 signed candid and others. Jack Paar. Others. Best is still to come! image I also have lots of loose material - signed album pages of older stars - Agar, Bendix, McCarthy - many slips of paper, index cards etc.

Best,
    Eric
  • Options
    SUNTZSUNTZ Posts: 35 ✭✭
    I have already completed LIFEBOAT. Great movie. I am looking for the following PSYCHO cast members, Vaughn Taylor and Mort Mills. Thanks, P.

• Options
    magikbillymagikbilly Posts: 6,780
    Sorry - just have a 1959 Balsam from Psycho.

Eric
  • Options
    SUNTZSUNTZ Posts: 35 ✭✭
    I like Martin Balsam. He was a good actor.
  • Options
    Hi Suntz,

Yes, he was. I just watched Summer Wishes for the first time yesterday - it was quite good. With Joanne Woodward - 1973.

Best,
    Eric