Home Sports Talk
Options

Speaking of Hall of Famers....I just have to ask....

2»

Comments

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Alan Trammel has been unjustly ignored as was Lou Whitaker.Compare their stats to other second base and shortstops and it should tell you that both belong in the Hall.

They should not even had a first year eligibility list for 2012.As far as the other Top prospects you can make a case for any of them except the two idiots on the bottom of the list.Larkin and Lee Smith hopefully can get in 2012.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options

<< <i>I often when about folks are slaves to stats, do they constantly measure their members hoping for it to grow another inch? >>

So you are going to get all wet based on how a player looks? Though, some fans are...just look at the Pujols fans on this board.

The stats are the most accurate measurement of their performance. Some measurements are more accurate than others. Thats all. Don't read too much more into it.

Sure, a player may find a place in your heart because he has charisma or something like that.

When determining 'better', charisma or character doesn't fit. When finding someone to go out on a date with, Charisma and character do fit. So who is really trying to grow an inch here image

Are you sure about that five minutes!?
  • Options
    RoarIn84RoarIn84 Posts: 859 ✭✭
    Unfortunately, neither Trammell nor Whitaker put up enough numbers to be HOF worthy. However, I think there should be a nice plaque put on display of both of them turning a DP. Individually, they were not good enough, but together they get a heck of an honorable mention.....
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Larkin and Raines.

Skip leave me alone.

Edited to add:

Good for you.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Unfortunately, neither Trammell nor Whitaker put up enough numbers to be HOF worthy. However, I think there should be a nice plaque put on display of both of them turning a DP. Individually, they were not good enough, but together they get a heck of an honorable mention..... >>

I dunno - a lot of people push Larkin and Trammell put up similar numbers, while playing in a pitcher's park during (mostly) a pitcher's era. 4 Gold Gloves, 7-time All-Star, 3-time Silver Slugger, 1984 World Series MVP, shoulda-been 1987 AL MVP. I think Trammell belongs.

Tabe
  • Options
    I'm only posting b/c I had a power surge and am recently online after a several week hiatus. Good thing I saved that initiation email from 2007. To reiterate: Raines IN; Mattingly WHY NOT AND THIS COMES FROM A YANKEE HATER; Larkin MEH; Dale HIS ROOKIE CARD VALUE HISTORY GIVES YOU THE ANSWER; Trammell and Sweet Lou as a combo HEY, It's 2011; if Ernie and Bert get the love, why not two guys make it together who wouldn't get in separately?
  • Options
    MeteoriteGuyMeteoriteGuy Posts: 7,140 ✭✭
    Bret Saberhagen should be in during odd numbered years, even numbered years they could just put his bust in the backroom.

Collecting PSA graded Steve Young, Marcus Allen, Bret Saberhagen and 1980s Topps Cards.
    Raw: Tony Gonzalez (low #'d cards, and especially 1/1's) and Steve Young.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Bret Saberhagen should be in during odd numbered years, even numbered years they could just put his bust in the backroom.

image >>

BWAHAHAHA.

+1 to you, sir.

Tabe