Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold should easily hit $1600 tomorrow....

DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
I think when New York opens a quick rise to $1605 will occur.

It's no big deal, because it's almost there as I write this, but more importantly, I believe $1600 is a strong barrier that once reached will lead to further increases.
"Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sort of leery of sure things. This last run has shifted rather quickly from a concensus of <$1450 gold to a $1650 "come and get it" euphoria. When it seems this easy, that's a time
    to be on guard. One couldn't ask for a better mouse trap. I think we could see $1610-$1620 shortly but I don't think the banksters are gonna let everyone cash out successfully by next week's options expiration. Would not surprise me either if $1599 turns the tide. Miners already started waffling a couple of days ago. They started this charge and look to have completed 5 legs up.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Gold should easily hit $1600 tomorrow....

It could easily hit $1490 too...I highly doubt it will, but I think it has just as much of a chance as $1600.
    Silver could hit $41 or $35 too. Crazy times eventhough the recent trend is up.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't jinx it. $50 per ounce for silver appeared to be in the bag in late April. We know what happened then.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats like a stock going from 15 15/16 to 16. Yeah, im old school and like fractions much better. Just putting perspective on a 1/2% move.

In 2008 gold hit 1034 then dropped to 850. In 2009 it hit 1007 then dropped to 865. Later that year hit 1227 the dropped to 1075. Then 1430 proved a problem in 2010 as it dropped back down to 1308. So its not unusual to break through a "big number" only to fall back.

Im looking for about 1625, but at the current 1595, that only another 2%. Typically when I trade stocks I dont bother waiting around for another few % that may or may not come.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    But anyway, it hit 1600 before NY opened this morning.
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭
    So it is written so it shall be! image
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭
    done, next target? I expect once the idiots come to an agreement for Aug 2nd we will see a pull back again.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    SpoolySpooly Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭
    I have been stacking call options on SLV for a fall rally......... Christmas has come early this year! I'm going to sell half this week to lock in some profits... 90%! Spooly gets to buy some new coins!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

In God We Trust.... all others pay in Gold and Silver!
  • Options

<< <i>I think when New York opens a quick rise to $1605 will occur.

It's no big deal, because it's almost there as I write this, but more importantly, I believe $1600 is a strong barrier that once reached will lead to further increases. >>

Gold may hit 1700 this week!
  • Options

<< <i>Thats like a stock going from 15 15/16 to 16. Yeah, im old school and like fractions much better. Just putting perspective on a 1/2% move. >>

I like fractions too.

A little coin trivia: Do you know why the stock market used to be priced in 1/8s?

Hint: Think Spanish Reale (pieces of eight). image