Home Precious Metals
Options

OT...a little help with uploading pics to be my avatar

piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
Can anyone please explain step by step, in computer dummy terms, how to upload a picture to be my avatar so that the size doesn't exceed the limit of 100 pixels by 100 pixels at 10 KB? I don't even know what that means, it must be pretty small because I have a small picture and it says it's too large. thanx
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First, you need a photo-editing program that you can use to reduce your picture to less than 50 kilobytes in size.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    gsa1fangsa1fan Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    I uploaded and edited mine with Photobucket. Resize just put in pixel sizes.
    Avid collector of GSA's.
  • Options
    bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    i use this site to resize my photos .shrinkpictures.com
  • Options
    thank you
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    i have used avatar sizer a freeware program, there may be better ones out there

link
  • Options
    I can't for the life of me remember how I changed to a custom one like what I have now. How did I do that? image
    When I go to profile and then select the author icon I wish ti use, I can't customize like i did with Obamas eyes.
    can ya help a brutha out, again?
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they have the "upload your own" turned off.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    There's only one day a month you can upload photos, not sure which it is.
    Still thinking of what to put in my signature...
  • Options
    they have the "upload your own" turned off. image

There's only one day a month you can upload photos, not sure which it is

You guys are kidding me right? You mean the lst time i did this about a month ago, I jusy happen to pick the right day? You guys are funnin me, right? If this is the case...image
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats correct. I believe its the 15th of every month provided it falls on a week day.
  • Options
    wow, that's amazing. I should've played the Lottery on 7/15 not knowing I changed my avatar on the 1 day/month it's allowed.
  • Options
    Well, I confirmed with SM1 that the 15th of every month is the 1 day/month you can personalize your avatar, but I still don't see the option to do so when trying to? Any help?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well, I confirmed with SM1 that the 15th of every month is the 1 day/month you can personalize your avatar, but I still don't see the option to do so when trying to? Any help? >>

a moderator has to "turn on" the feature. I believe this gets done from somewhere in California...where it is about 5:30 AM as of this writing.

In other words, wait a few hours, check again.
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭
    Wait a bit. The option is activated by PCGS during their (west coast) office hours, or whenever they turn it on. This is usually around 9 or 10 AM their time.

Edit: Barndog beat me to it. My fingers need another cup of coffee, I guess! image