Home Precious Metals
Options

China this, China that.....

I was looking at picking up a few Silver Panda's for my collection. While I was looking on eBay I decided to type in China NGC or China PCGS. What I found was shocking. The bids on these items were amazing. Most of the common date graded Panda's were selling for around $180 in MS69. A 2003 NGC MS69 went for $225. The Junk Dollars are going insane. Everything that says China is being bought up in a frenzy. The market looks very bright for anything (PM's or Coins) made in China.

Comments

• Options
    BearBear Posts: 18,954 ✭✭
    I hate to tell you this, but I make every effort not to buy anything

made in China. It is very , very , difficult to find anything not made in China

any more. I would even settle for Sri Lanka, rather then China.image
    There once was a place called
    Camelotimage
  • Options

<< <i>I hate to tell you this, but I make every effort not to buy anything

any more. I would even settle for Sri Lanka, rather then China.image >>

I was looking for 1 Silver Panda for my world Silver Collection........Then I was shocked by the number and prices of the China items.

I kept thinking.....What if a billion people wanted a 30,000 mintage coin..image

I found my single Silver Panda........It's the only coin or bullion I own from China.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

I kept thinking.....What if a billion people wanted a 30,000 mintage coin..image >>

That would be a wonderful wonderful situation if you were sitting on a roll or rolls of the.
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I personally like Chinese Panda Coins. They are among the most beautiful modern designs out there and the design changes every year.

Unlike the drab, dull American Eagle which is the same year after year after year,,,,

Also as the OP stated,,,,,,, compare price appreciation of Panda's to Eagles,,,,,,,, no comparison,,, Panda's win hands down.image

GrandAmimage
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

I kept thinking.....What if a billion people wanted a 30,000 mintage coin..image >>

There's a good chance you may have to wait a wee bit. The average Chinese makes $104 per month.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>...

I kept thinking.....What if a billion people wanted a 30,000 mintage coin..image... >>

NO problem. There will be plenty of those 1 billion people making those, quote 30,000 mintage unquote, coins in the indeterminate future.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>...

I kept thinking.....What if a billion people wanted a 30,000 mintage coin..image... >>

NO problem. There will be plenty of those 1 billion people making those, quote 30,000 mintage unquote, coins in the indeterminate future. >>

I would only collect PCGS graded Panda's. PCGS is the company that is suppose to authenticate the fake's from the real ones. It wouldn't look too good on PCGS if the mintage of a Panda is 18,000 and there are 75,000 PCGS slabs. Are you saying that all of the mintage figures on world bullion coins is inaccurate ?
  • Options
    DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options

<< <i> >>

I thought Obama was suppose to "change" things....image
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate to tell you this, but I make every effort not to buy anything

any more. I would even settle for Sri Lanka, rather then China.image >>

Aaaaah, Bear. I understand your feelings, man. I bought some furniture (put together
    coffee table) made in Vietnam instead of buying one from China! Sad that I sent the
    money to those gooks.
    USA 1966-68
    But, they are just folks striving to make a living like you and me (when we worked). The
    governments were the problems. Oh well. I suspect the Chinese government is the problem
    today.
    bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

TT

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

• Options

I saw a youtube telling people not to buy Chinese Panda's because they are 30 grams instead of a troy ounce which is 31.1035 grams.

The substantial truth doctrine is an important defense in defamation law that allows individuals to avoid liability if the gist of their statement was true.

• Options
    isamucoinandcurrencyisamucoinandcurrency Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    edited July 24, 2023 5:41PM

@AUandAG said:
    << I hate to tell you this, but I make every effort not to buy anything

any more. I would even settle for Sri Lanka, rather then China.

>

Aaaaah, Bear. I understand your feelings, man. I bought some furniture (put together
    coffee table) made in Vietnam instead of buying one from China! Sad that I sent the
    money to those gooks.
    USA 1966-68
    But, they are just folks striving to make a living like you and me (when we worked). The
    governments were the problems. Oh well. I suspect the Chinese government is the problem
    today.
    bob

"gooks" really?

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

@isamucoinandcurrency said:

@AUandAG said:
    << I hate to tell you this, but I make every effort not to buy anything

any more. I would even settle for Sri Lanka, rather then China.

>

money to those gooks.
    USA 1966-68
    today.
    bob

"gooks" really?

Sure, it's a term that is used or has been used to refer to native people. The Marines called the locals gooks in Nicaragua in 1912. The term has continued through almost every occupation or war. Haitians were called gooks, as were Koreans during the Korean War. Also applied to Asian or Vietnamese during the Vietnam war. It was a term that was not complimentary but easy to say and understand in the military. I'm quite sure it will be used again in the next war. The origin of the word is not really clear but could have likely come from the Korean language. Guk in Korean refers to country. Hanguk refers to Korea. Miguk refers to America. And translation could easily have come from locals calling themselves "me gook" to refer themselves as being locals.

bob :)
    US Army 1966-72

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

I was in the USMC 77-81. Racist slang is racist slang. I can think of a word that was and is used against African Americans. Make a good argument for that. You look worse when you try to validate this type of behavior.

• Options
    GoldFinger1969GoldFinger1969 Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 28, 2023 5:02PM

@Leonidas said:
    I was looking at picking up a few Silver Panda's for my collection. While I was looking on eBay I decided to type in China NGC or China PCGS. What I found was shocking. The bids on these items were amazing. Most of the common date graded Panda's were selling for around $180 in MS69. A 2003 NGC MS69 went for $225.

That's insane. I paid about $50 for MS-70's when silver was about $20-30/oz. 10 years ago or so. I think 69's were like $35 or so. They often sold in groups of 5 coins.

Last time I bought one was at FUN 2020....have to check what I paid for 1 coin.

• Options
    SurfinxHISurfinxHI Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is there a good reason this thread was resurrected or is it just to stir the stupid pot?

Dead people tell interesting tales.
  • Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,862 ✭✭✭✭✭

My mistake, delete!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )