Home Sports Talk
Options

Man City/Vancouver Whitecaps

Got my tickets should be a walk in the Park for City.Hate the northern scum but I will be watching QPR on the tv next season.WOOHOO premiership again.

Comments

• Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Vancouver is pretty freaking awful (they are an expansion side), but it should at least be a great atmosphere.
  • Options
    scooperqprscooperqpr Posts: 438 ✭✭
    yeh they suck this year.A big signing this week!!!! Owen Hargreaves is in town MAYBE!!!!???
  • Options
    Owen has gone all the way from Bayern Munich to possibly Vancouver ? Talk about a fall from grace.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    Is MU going to bring the full squad, or is it going to be a team comprised mainly of reserve players? I can't imagine the Whitecaps staying within four goals if MU brings Vidic, Evra, Chicharito, etc.
  • Options

<< <i>Is MU going to bring the full squad, or is it going to be a team comprised mainly of reserve players? I can't imagine the Whitecaps staying within four goals if MU brings Vidic, Evra, Chicharito, etc. >>

Man City...

Here's the roster they will bring.

LINK
  • Options
    nice to see a good turnout,missing a few but the tickets are cheap so I don.t care.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting stuff. Looks like pro soccer is slowly gaining fans in North America, boosted by the interest in Euro soccer.
  • Options
    slowly slowly catchee monkey
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is MU going to bring the full squad, or is it going to be a team comprised mainly of reserve players? I can't imagine the Whitecaps staying within four goals if MU brings Vidic, Evra, Chicharito, etc. >>

Man City...

Here's the roster they will bring.

LINK >>

A-ha. Thanks for the correction.

It's hilarious that Tevez is nowhere on that list. Talk about the 800 lb. gorilla in the room.

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<Looks like pro soccer is slowly gaining fans in North America, boosted by the interest in Euro soccer>>>

Soccer will never be accepted as one of the big sports in America, and think those that follow the game closely in this country are fine with that. I wouldn't consider myself a soccer fan per se, but I do try to watch the game when the elite tournaments/leagues are on TV. I will never be able to get into MLS soccer, even though my home town team consistently puts a good squad on the field.

• Options
    In other friendly news....

Bolton Wanderers LOST to 2nd Division FC Tampa Bay tonight 1-0.

Tampa Bay is in midseason form and fitness, while Bolton is just in the beginning stages of training (plus it being just a friendly and not used to the heat), but it is still a bit of a surprise (to me at least).
  • Options
    woohoo ish so the BIG signing is.............................................................................................................................. wait for it...............................................................................ready now..........................................................excited yet....................................................its.................its...........................MUSTAPHA JARUJO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    From the world famouse BELGIAN league.
  • Options
    two -one city .Pretty even game a lucky first goal from city.I was dissapointed with the amount of City fans there,more ManU fans heckling than actual City fans. Only 1 QPR fan there though!!