Home Precious Metals
Options

Will Silver go sub $30 by the end of the Summer?

ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silver will probably see a new low by end of July. It might not be under $30, but it would be close. Looking for $29.00-$30.25 on this current down leg. With
    everyone "expecting" the opportunity to buy silver in the mid to upper $20's, it probably won't happen like that. There's no guarantee that $29 silver will be
    offered.

If I draw a fairly conservative downtrend line from the early April peak across the tops of the May and June peaks, then a downtrend channel projects to $25 by end of July.
    But I doubt we'll see silver fall throughout the entire month. If it bottoms in mid-July then $27.50 would be about worst case.

roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    I don't know but my buying finger is starting to get itchy.
  • Options
    PinkFloydPinkFloyd Posts: 1,762

<< <i>With everyone "expecting" the opportunity to buy silver in the mid to upper $20's, it probably won't happen like that. There's no guarantee that $29 silver will be
    offered.

>>

I agree!
    Successful transactions with keepdachange, tizofthe, adriana, wondercoin
  • Options
    I will buy more at the -$20.00 move (coming soon)
    Many successful BST transactions ajia
    (x2,Meltdown),cajun,Swampboy,SeaEagleCoins,InYHWHWeTrust, bstat1020,Spooly,timrutnat,oilstates200, vpr, guitarwes,
    mariner67, and Mikes coins
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know but my buying finger is starting to get itchy. >>

Ditto.

I think we'll see sub 30, but if we touch 32ish I'm resuming non puck buying on top.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I vote yes but it's just my hope. I doubt we will see Ag under $30.

I miss the good old days (last year!) when it was in the <$20 range. It seemed so expensive though...
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't know but my buying finger is starting to get itchy. >>

I'm sitting on 6 figures that belongs to customers of mine who I guess will tell me when to "hit it" image
  • Options
    Hey Tom, do you have a securities license?

You need one to sell investments you know.
  • Options
    US bullion coins aren't investments or securities. Even the IRS defines US gold and silver bullion coins as "collectibles."

roadrunner
  • Options
    CoinCoinsCoinCoins Posts: 698 ✭✭✭
    image the internet police is here
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $32 an ounce is a very attractive buy-in price.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    $32 an ounce is a very attractive buy-in price

Better getcha some now because I don't think it's going back down to that any time soon. I think it'll re-test $50 before we see $32 again. I'll probably be buying a Dec./Jan. call on SLV next week.
    I'm kinda wishing that I hadn't settled recently on most of the 90% I had/have, but that's how this sh*t is...my outlook can change from month to month nowadays.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see it go sub $30, (This would be an excellent buying opportunity) but I do not think it will do so. In fact, I think it has held up very well given the smack down that it received, and given the summer slow down. Buy the dips now, even though they are small ones to $33 to $34.
    ----- kj
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    this puts my prediction of $40 by the end of august in a bad light image
  • Options
    ksammutksammut Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭

<< <i>this puts my prediction of $40 by the end of august in a bad light image >>

You have as much chance of being correct as those guessing it may go to $30. My guess is the silver price will be closer to $40, by the end of August, than $30.
    American Numismatic Association Governor 2023 to 2025 - My posts reflect my own thoughts and are not those of the ANA.

My Numismatics with Kenny eBay Store Over 6000 listings and growing with more than 39,000 items sold

My Numismatics with Kenny Twitter Page

Instagram - numismatistkenny

My Numismatics with Kenny Blog Page Best viewed on a laptop or monitor.

ANA Life Member & Volunteer District Representative

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

Doing my best to introduce Young Numismatists and Young Adults into the hobby.

• Options
    KonaheadKonahead Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>this puts my prediction of $40 by the end of august in a bad light image >>

You have as much chance of being correct as those guessing it may go to $30. My guess is the silver price will be closer to $40, by the end of August, than $30. >>

If the labor data is any indication of continued good news coming from Washington I would not expect to see below $30 anytime soon and I agree it will be closer to $40.
    PEACE! This is the first day of the rest of your life.

Fred, Las Vegas, NV
  • Options
    Some comments on silver's weekly chart trying to diagnose turning points.

From the standpoint of CCI and BB band %, silver has only made lower lows vs. June 2011 twice in the past 2-1/2 yrs. ROC was the lowest
    seen since fall 2008. One can also see a nice jagged 5 step decline in CCI and B%...similar to the bottoming in late 2010.

Silver could still spike up and then make one final drop into the low $30's again. Notice how silver rode down the lower
    blue BB line in the upper chart back in 2008. We're far away from such a point right now. Today those bands are wide apart and still need to be
    brought back closer together. Anytime in the past 3 yrs that the silver indicators got this low, silver rallied back for at least 6 weeks.
    In the 2 previous summers, silver effectively bottomed by end of June. So an extended bounce from here would certainly not surprise.
    Fwiw silver has now popped its head back above the uptrend line formed from last August. Assuming that new channel is maintained, it targets $43-$44.

Silver weekly chart

roadrunner
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My buy price is currently : $29.99 per ounce for Silver American Eagles , J&M bars, EngleHearts, and whatever else you would like to sell below $30.
    To be fair, I will extend this offer through the summer.
  • Options
  • Options
    So I guess the answer was NO.
    Successful transactions with: DCarr, Meltdown, Notwilight, Loki, MMR, Musky1011, cohodk, claychaser, cheezhed, guitarwes, Hayden, USMoneyLover

Proud recipient of two "You Suck" awards
  • Options

<< <i>So I guess the answer was NO. >>

C'mon I was CLOSE! image
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anybody finding small premiums with the drop or is the decoupling back on? Cheapest gov-issue things I've seen are Libertads and the bullion pucks around $33/oz..
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>So I guess the answer was NO. >>

C'mon I was CLOSE! image >>

Hand grenades and horseshoes.......

@ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope not !!!
    Timbuk3