Just went live.

Looking for FB HOF Rookies

Comments

• Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Good thing I look at the cards. I thought you might be referring to UGA LOL.

"A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How Bout them Dawgs

Just went live.

image >>

No disrespect intended, but "How Bout them Dawgs" is clearly a reference to ONLY the Georgia Bulldogs. This slogan has been with UGA for a long long long time. Its akin to "War Eagle" at Auburn or "Roll Tide" at Alabama.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    Amen, mcadams.

1994 University of Georgia graduate here and former UGA athletic association graduate assistant. I heard "How bout them Dawgs" every day for the four years I was there and never got tired of hearing people say it during those very productive football years when the team was led by Garrison Hearst, Terrell Davis, Eric Zeier, Andre Hastings, Randall Godfrey, Bryce Hunter (RIP), Charlie Clemons, Shannon Mitchell, etc. The atmosphere at Sanford Stadium was always electric, and I miss those home football Saturdays in Athens and that terrific soul food from Weaver D's - Automatic for the People!

Everyone enjoy your Independence Day,
    John
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry UGA fans. We borrowed that one. I thought ya'lls was hunker down hairy dawg
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Why was the best 2011 rookie for Tramon Williams chosen now, when most of the rookie cards haven't been produced yet?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

<< <i>Why was the best 2011 rookie for Tramon Williams chosen now, when most of the rookie cards haven't been produced yet?

Nick >>

I just chose the one that was available for the set. First card produced of him so I went with it. I wanted to include him. Also I forgot Mickey Slaughter who I just requested to be added. On a side note for the UGA fans, how many Georgia Bulldogs are in the NFL HOF? There are 2 LA Tech Bulldogs already in with another to join shortly.
  • Options
    Hi Rexvos,

Fran Tarkenton and Charlie Trippi are the only two.

John
    Lawrence Taylor #1 Basic/Master
    1993 Pro Set Power All-Power-Defense Gold #1
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Why was the best 2011 rookie for Tramon Williams chosen now, when most of the rookie cards haven't been produced yet?

Nick >>

I just chose the one that was available for the set. First card produced of him so I went with it. I wanted to include him. Also I forgot Mickey Slaughter who I just requested to be added. On a side note for the UGA fans, how many Georgia Bulldogs are in the NFL HOF? There are 2 LA Tech Bulldogs already in with another to join shortly. >>

So after the season, when there are better rookie cards available of him, are you going to ask PSA to change it, or will you leave an inferior card in the set?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Nick >>

I just chose the one that was available for the set. First card produced of him so I went with it. I wanted to include him. Also I forgot Mickey Slaughter who I just requested to be added. On a side note for the UGA fans, how many Georgia Bulldogs are in the NFL HOF? There are 2 LA Tech Bulldogs already in with another to join shortly. >>

So after the season, when there are better rookie cards available of him, are you going to ask PSA to change it, or will you leave an inferior card in the set?

Nick >>

possibly this is a La Tech set only, so not sure what the point is. I like the card and may go with it, depending on what the others look like.
  • Options
    And do any other La. Tech collectors get a say in which cards are added in for different players?

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

• Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Why wouldn't they? And who says it is an inferior card? Again, you haven't seen the rest of the cards. Maybe they will all suck. Maybe this IS the best card.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options

<< <i>Why wouldn't they? And who says it is an inferior card? Again, you haven't seen the rest of the cards. Maybe they will all suck. Maybe this IS the best card. >>

at the moment it is his only card. Any LA Tech fans that want can have a say. I just do not think there are any other.
  • Options
    jradke4jradke4 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why wouldn't they? And who says it is an inferior card? Again, you haven't seen the rest of the cards. Maybe they will all suck. Maybe this IS the best card. >>

at the moment it is his only card. Any LA Tech fans that want can have a say. I just do not think there are any other. >>

does beckett even consider this a real rookie. i would think that all cards here would have to meet the beckett rookie standard. remember the score update card issue for Emmitt Smith and Jr Seau? why couldnt you just wait to see what if any cards come out with thim this coming season? i am sure there will be at least one considering his play in the playoffs. so are you going to be happy in a few years if williams keeps playing like he is and all of a sudden the topps sb card disappears?

there might not be any other LA Tech fans but anyone can collect these sets if they want too.
    Packers Fan for Life
    Collecting:
    Brett Favre Master Set
    Favre Ticket Stubs
    Favre TD Reciever Autos
    Football HOF Player/etc. Auto Set
    Football HOF Rc's
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

at the moment it is his only card. Any LA Tech fans that want can have a say. I just do not think there are any other. >>

does beckett even consider this a real rookie. i would think that all cards here would have to meet the beckett rookie standard. remember the score update card issue for Emmitt Smith and Jr Seau? why couldnt you just wait to see what if any cards come out with thim this coming season? i am sure there will be at least one considering his play in the playoffs. so are you going to be happy in a few years if williams keeps playing like he is and all of a sudden the topps sb card disappears?

there might not be any other LA Tech fans but anyone can collect these sets if they want too. >>

anyone that wants to start the set and have input can, that being said I wanted to put Tramon in the set? What is all the grief about? It is listed as a RC on Beckett's website.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    You also have "The Human Highlight Reel" in the NBA HOF.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).