1988 Wonderama

The Four Horsemen 1988 Wonderama

1985 Ric Flair

Ric Flair custom made

My Favorite Ric Flair Promo

Comments

• Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    I was at Wrestlemania in Orlando for his last match and was at the Monday Night Raw the next night for his "going away" night. Was a fun father/son trip for me and my son. Wrestling, all we could eat bacon at the breakfast buffets, mini-golf and movies at Disney World, and a few days away from his sister for him. Good memories!

Mike
    Buying US Presidential autographs
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent $1,050 on four tickets and took my brother Bill, my Dad and my wife Michelle. We had an awesome time!! The Nature Boy entrance and then the match with Shawn Michaels was so killer!!!

I drank a stupid amount of beers that day and paid for it the next day image

• Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    My favorite Flair match was the one where he was thrown into the turnbuckle so hard that he flipped over it and landed on his feet on the ring apron, then ran at his opponent and got clotheslined.
  • Options
    That was almost every match. That was one of his big moves. It may have been pre determined but let's face it none of us could pull that off.

Next time someone questions how tuff a guy like Ric Flair was, just watch a match from the 80's with Rickey Steamboat. Try doing anything for 60 minutes let alone wrestling in a 110 degree ring for that long.

The current crop of wrestlers could not last 15 minutes.

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Starcade 84 (I think) when the Natureboy came off the top rope to regain the title from Harley Race was the end all. Ric Flair was-is-ever will be (sorry Bret) King of rasslin.
  • Options
    ROCKDJRWROCKDJRW Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My favorite Flair match was the one where he was thrown into the turnbuckle so hard that he flipped over it and landed on his feet on the ring apron, then ran at his opponent and got clotheslined. >>

Was that the one where he tried to call for a timeout while on his knees?
    Collect Ozzie Guillen Cards
    Unique Chicago Cards
    Wrestling Cards
  • Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>My favorite Flair match was the one where he was thrown into the turnbuckle so hard that he flipped over it and landed on his feet on the ring apron, then ran at his opponent and got clotheslined. >>

Was that the one where he tried to call for a timeout while on his knees? >>

I think it was the one where he did some akward shuffle strut while pointing his fingers at his boots like he just got laid.
    You know the one i'm talking about.....

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Starcade 84 (I think) when the Natureboy came off the top rope to regain the title from Harley Race was the end all. Ric Flair was-is-ever will be (sorry Bret) King of rasslin. >>

That was Starrcade '83 - the first one.

<< <i>I think it was the one where he did some akward shuffle strut while pointing his fingers at his boots like he just got laid.
    You know the one i'm talking about..... >>

That strut is actually a tribute to Jackie Fargo, a legendary wrestler in the south.

<< <i>Next time someone questions how tuff a guy like Ric Flair was, just watch a match from the 80's with Rickey Steamboat. Try doing anything for 60 minutes let alone wrestling in a 110 degree ring for that long. >>

On March 18, 1989, Steamboat & Flair hooked up twice - once in the afternoon in Philadelphia and once in the evening in Landover @ the Capital Centre. Both matches are available on video and are fantastic. They run about 40 minutes each.

A video I made as a "trailer" of sorts for Flair's feud with Ronnie Garvin:

Ric Flair vs Ronnie Garvin

Tabe
  • Options
    WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Harley Race PSA 9

There match at Starcade 83 and the run up too it was awesome! Ric Flair has said many times that the toughest guy outside of the ring he has ever met was Harley Race. He could brutalize someone with his huge fists.

Rickey The Dragon Steamboat was a tremendous performer and the matches he had with Ric Flair were fantastic. There is no one in the business today that could perform any where close to their level.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    That was almost every match. That was one of his big moves.

I didn't realize that, thanks for the heads up.
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    "To be the man you have to beat the man".......enough said. Oh yeah, and the figure four is about the coolest submission ever.
  • Options
    123Slider123Slider Posts: 851 ✭✭
    I don't want to ruin the game, but I could watch CD's comments go over DPeck's head all day! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
    The best pitch to start a hitter off with is always strike one.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Was that the one where he tried to call for a timeout while on his knees? >>

I think it was the one where he did some akward shuffle strut while pointing his fingers at his boots like he just got laid.
    You know the one i'm talking about..... >>

YES! I remember that match! He went up to the top turnbuckle to jump on his opponent, but his opponent got under him and slammed him from the top! Remember that?

All kidding aside he is the greatest ever. And I too was at Wrestlemania in Orlando, good times. Took the wife, she likes wrestling too (yeah, I lucked out :-) )Though I think him running around in TNA absolutely cheapens what should be an all time great Wrestlemania moment.

Not that i blame Ric, I know he's not financially secure and has to bring in the bucks, plus I really think it's in his blood. In other words I think if he ever stopped wrestling he would die. Not kidding, I'm sure you all know some guys in various lines of work who are the same way.
  • Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I don't want to ruin the game, but I could watch CD's comments go over DPeck's head all day! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! >>

You RUINED the game!
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    He wrestled Kerry Von Erich in the 80's and the time ran out. I think it was an hour. Great match.
  • Options

<< <i>WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >>

It's "WOOO!" (no 'h"). Seriously. Ric himself has talked about this and it kinda bothers him that people think it's "whoo".

Yeah, yeah, I know - way too much detail, LOL.

Tabe
  • Options

<< <i>He wrestled Kerry Von Erich in the 80's and the time ran out. I think it was an hour. Great match. >>

They went an hour a bunch of times. One of the matches, from Honolulu, is available on tape and is fantastic. Another legendary one is one where Kerry showed up to the arena "in no condition to perform" but the run-up to the match pretty much dictated that they had to do a 1-hr draw. So Flair pretty much literally dragged Kerry through the match and was PISSED afterward.

Tabe
  • Options
    Detroit he did not ruin the game. He makes sarcastic statements constantly to my posts and others so no need to worry.

There was a huge match in Texas in 1982 at Star Wars where Kerry is wrestling Flair with Michael P.S Hayes as the guest referee. That was a great match and ended with Terry Gordy slamming the cage door on Kerry's face.

Here is the Kerry Von Erich in PSA 9, one of my all time favorite cards