Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• eyeboneeyebone Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    send him to the slammer.
    "I'm not saying I'm the best manager in the world, but I'm in the top one." Brian Clough
  • Our Govt needs to concentrate on other things then people shooting up... ok I get the perjury deal, but I don't like my tax money being spent on this crap.
    Cory
    ----------------------
    Working on:
    Football
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
    1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
    1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
    1938 Goudey (56.25%)
    1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
    1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
    1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
    1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
    1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)
  • CubsFan41CubsFan41 Posts: 513 ✭✭

<< <i>Our Govt needs to concentrate on other things then people shooting up... ok I get the perjury deal, but I don't like my tax money being spent on this crap. >>

Looking for Cello packs with Bill Buckner on top
  • zendudezendude Posts: 208 ✭✭

He's done. Never liked the guy. It's a shame how much money he pocketed since he started sticking a needle in his body.
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    If we HAVE to spend our tax money on sports related things, I'd rather they end the football lockout.
    PackManInNC
  • gonzergonzer Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Economy's in the chitter and the govt. wants to waste time on Clemens? All that matters is what the fan thinks and knows...cheaters and liars have no place in sports or our lives.
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    He had his opportunity to admit what he did and put it behind him as others have done.
  • RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    I am sure his lawyer knew what he was doing from the start when he suggested Clemens keep denying everything. He can claim, like Bonds, that he thought he was being injected with vitamin B12 or something else besides steroids. None of the evidence is hard proof, so I am sure he will slide out of this like Bonds did.

• << <i>Our Govt needs to concentrate on other things then people shooting up... ok I get the perjury deal, but I don't like my tax money being spent on this crap. >>

Hey, some prosecutors and investigators need to advance their careers! Meanwhile our school system's badly underfunded and falling apart.
  • fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Our Govt needs to concentrate on other things then people shooting up... ok I get the perjury deal, but I don't like my tax money being spent on this crap. >>

This should be a MLB issue and handled by our chicken xxxx commisioner.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    it's not YOUR tax money.....this country is so deep in debt right now, that they are spending your children's children's children's tax money into infinity.

by the time that bill gets around to being paid, the only memory of Clemens will be the bio-hazardous waste associated with this episode, which refuses to decompose at a dump site.
  • sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭

Are you suggesting that the government stop prosecuting people who break the law based on how much money they make or how popular they are?

I love how people's plan to end this country's economic woes is to stop prosecuting rich/famous people for the crimes they commit. Yeah... that will do it. Not ending the 4 trillions-of-dollars-a-piece needless wars we are in right now or stop bailing out big business and banks with tax dollars or cut government spending on things we don't need. It's not prosecuting rich/famous people for their crimes that will solve all our problems.
  • Let's be real here. Money spent on the Clemens trial is not what is holding the economy back or preventing school kids from getting a better education. Under this logic the government should do away with the justice department.

If laws are not meant to be upheld then what is the point in having them.

• POS deserves everything that is bad in his life. No pity here....
    South of Heaven...North of Canada

<< <i>POS deserves everything that is bad in his life. No pity here.... >>

whoa. hold the phone, that's a pretty strong indictment....let's try to examine it a little differently.

were you Clemens and you were in a highly competitive environment which demanded top skills and everyone else around you was essentially doing something which allowed them to compete at a higher level, because their careers and futures were on the line, what would you do? try to maintain that same high level of competitiveness no matter what or eventually doom yourself to failure? seems like a no-win whether you wind up with a pocketful of cash, awards & accusations, as much as a mediocre career with no exemplary accomplishments.

it was a necessary evil. he wasn't the only one. and i don't condone it.

his crime is that he lied and these days, liars are as generally accepted to us as anyone.
  • Cheating on his wife (and kids) with an underage girl earns the POS tag from me every time.
    however, this is not the issue at hand. but if it makes you feel better, we took him off the invite list for all summer parties. forever. image
  • EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭
    IMO, he will get nailed for perjury -- like Marion Jones -- here's an interesting video why you should keep your mouth shut.

video
  • Yea, sorry to get off-track...that crap just really bugs me.
  • Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭✭
    No chance he gets in trouble.....Folks relax.
  • hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    He'll skate. Really, really difficult burden for the government to prove the level of Clemens' knowledge of what he was being injected with.
    If he lied about simply being injected, the perjury might stick. But his lie involved knowledge of the contents of the syringe and that's tough to prove.

Federal prosecutors are good, but you have to factor in Clemens' wealth and his defense team, the "star" factor in the eyes of the jury, and Clemens' unwavering statements from the start, as well as McNamee's serious credibility issues, and I believe you;ll have a not guilty.