Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1969 Topps

I just passed the 3/4 pole. 75.55%. I cant believe I still need over 160 MORE! Will it ever be completed? I dont know, its gonna be tough.

Comments

• Options
    carkimcarkim Posts: 1,166 ✭✭
    Bob,

I know what you mean. My '72 horse stumbled near the 3/4 pole and the jockey is barely holding on. This '72 set is much harder then I thought. Compared to my 1974 set (which was 50% complete before the set was added to the registry) the 1972 set has many participants. Bidding on eBay is out of my price range and raw cards in my area are hard to come by. Worst off, the NATIONAL is still a few months away.

Carlos
  • Options
    mcastaldimcastaldi Posts: 1,130 ✭✭
    And Carlos. . .don't forget about the competition for the raw cards image

Mike
    So full of action, my name should be a verb.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You'll probably locate 150 of them with some effort. It will be the last 10 or so that will be the real challenge. But then again, that's all part of the fun of it!
  • Options
    Nice going Gaspipe! Right now, I raise the flag each time I tick off another percentage point on the 69' set. At 75% you have gapped the field.
    I am looking to upgrade as much as I am looking to add, to bring my set closer to a solid 8 NRMT/MT. At 62+% is does become increasingly challenging to get nice cards.
    I am rooting for you.
    RayB69Topps
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    BOB - Congratulations on making it around the corner and onto the home stretch. It will start to become a real uphill battle now, but just keep plugging away at it, inching towards that finish line.....
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Nice going Bob,

You've gone from a standing start to leader of the pack in a relatively short time. I know that you've built some nice 69 sets before. What is it about this set that gets you going?
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    dudedude Posts: 1,454 ✭✭
    Bob,

Congratulations! Good luck and I hope you finish soon!
  • Options
    gaspipe26gaspipe26 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭
    Frank,
    Its always been about the White Letters for me.
  • Options
    Does anyone know the story behind the white letters? Was it a factory error or a planned conversion? Any estimates on the production quantity of the white letter versions and were the quantities uniform throughout the "subset"? They seem to support the theory that high grade commons are much scarcer than high grade superstars based on the populations. I've seen quite a few Mantle's in PSA 7 or better but very few of the commons.
    Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint