Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

OK... Looks like I have a registry set contender on my hands, but the honor will have to be shared!

renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
I've put together a set and polished it off a little, adding a few sub-types along the way. Those of you that know me, it should not surprise you that my passion for collecting copper runs deep. REAL deep. Happily I can anounce, as it has been a long time coming, that my assemblage of proof type examples of small cents has achieved a shared spot at the top, for the time being, next to Martin Logies' Cardinal collection. I hope you get the chance to check out some of my comments, especially with regard to the design variations. I will confess that I did not spend a lot of time researching, only going off of what I can remember, but I think the set gives a good run-down of the proof cents offered by the mint since 1856.

I hope that this set is further specialized one day to include ALL of the variants, including the one that I do not own, the 1936 satin finish proof, and perhaps others that escape my mind at the present. I will be making small changes throughout the day, and intend to include photographs of the entire 2009 commemorative series before the registry deadline.

The set can be viewed HERE.

Comments