Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Todd this, Todd that...why is everyone so crazy about the guy's pictures?

Dennis88Dennis88 Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭
Look at this...Doesn't it look awful? Doesn't everybody know that having a picture this close to how it looks in hand is never good for your sales?

Just kidding. This coin has been sold a couple of months ago, but will remain for a long time one of the favorite coins that were ever in my collection...And Todd nailed the picturesimage

V-6, repunched 1843/1843.

Comments

• Options
    littlebearlittlebear Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    Thank goodness for the clarification. For a minute I thought you had lost your mind. Seriously, a GREAT picture! It will be "yours" forever.

Larry L.

Autism Awareness: There is no limit to the good you can do, if you don't care who gets the credit.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah looks like he bumped the camera too as look at the doubling on that date! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Yeah looks like he bumped the camera too as look at the doubling on that date! image >>

I think coin photography would be something I would enjoy when I can get a nice enough camera and a macro lens.
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think coin photography would be something I would enjoy when I can get a nice enough camera and a macro lens. >>

It's fun on a one or a couple coin basis, but a box of 20 is a real pain in the butt... God bless anyone doing it professionally! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    BanemorthBanemorth Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I think coin photography would be something I would enjoy when I can get a nice enough camera and a macro lens. >>

It's fun on a one or a couple coin basis, but a box of 20 is a real pain in the butt... God bless anyone doing it professionally! image >>

Oh yeah I don't think I could ever do it full time but I would love to be able to take some nice pictures of my coins. My previous attempts have been called... what was the word you guys used... terrible I think it was? image
    Justin From Jersey

Successful Transactions With: JoeLewis, Mkman123, Harry779, Grote15, gdavis70, Kryptonitecomics
  • Options
    Todd is a really awesome photographer!Were lucky to have a few awesome photographers at our disposal! Each one gives a little different flavor! For my money I choose Shane's flavor! These coins are not mine anymore, but they are some of my favorite pics he has taken.
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭
    Todd is great, same coin.....two different looks:

• Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486
    Todd does great work, he presents your piece in it's best light, without any enhancement. I have a couple of things to send him next week.

PS I like Constantines examples, sometimes one picture doesn't do it and with two like that you can almost feel the coin in your hand as you turn it in the light.
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todd is not playing around. And whenever I'm at a show, and not looking forward to hours bent over a viewfinder trying to capture the "perfect shot", I just give it to Todd, which he does perfectly, in a jiffy. These photos were all done by Todd:

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's fun on a one or a couple coin basis, but a box of 20 is a real pain in the butt... God bless anyone doing it professionally! >>

image Although myself I find the pain centers in the lower back. Sure glad I can take all the time I want to do a full box.image
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could come out to the ANA Summer Seminar and see how he does it!
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You could come out to the ANA Summer Seminar and see how he does it! >>

When is it, and how long is the seminar? I live about 2 hours from Colorado Springs and have thought about attending a seminar one of these days.
    Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions
  • Options
    giorgio11giorgio11 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Todd did the photos of a lot of my nicer Kennedy halves in my Registry Set, including variety closeups. Since then I have gotten several e-mails to the effect of, "Kennedy halves never appealed to me that much before, but after seeing those pictures, I am really getting interested in the series." High flattery, in my opinion. Check them out for yourself (the crappy photos remaining are mine, gotta send those off one of these days). George
    VDBCoins.com Our Registry Sets Many successful BSTs; pls ask.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good thing you sold it as Todd's pics show that it has a screwed up date.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ThePennyLadyThePennyLady Posts: 4,441 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll bet Todd's head is swelling bigger and bigger! As you all know, he photographs all my coins as well, both for my inventory and my personal collection.

He's teaching the Advanced Photography class all next week at the Summer Seminar. I even loaned a few of my pretty copper pieces to him to use as guinnea pigs. As a matter of fact, I just landed in Denver and am getting ready for my flight to Colorado Springs shortly. Tomorrow I'm headed to the coin show, then I'm taking Doug Byrd's EAC class next week.

This one is in my personal collection....

This one went to a very good hom....

As did this one....

And this one too....
    Charmy HarkerThe Penny Lady®
  • Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This one is in my personal collection....
    image >>

If that is the coin you bought from Allen at Northern Nevada Coins, I have seen it in hand, and it is much prettier! Hmm...

You're just lucky I didn't buy that one on the spot and then make you buy it from ME image
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    Not too bad of a guy either

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file