Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone know about this card?

While searching for 1951 Bowman Commons, I stumbled across this, anyone know anything about it? I was thinking about bidding, but since I've never seen it before I was a little unsure. Thanks!

Ty Cobb

Comments

• Options
    I think I have cheese in my fridge that's most likely more vintage.

Seller makes no claim in the description of year or issue, covering his butt if the winner tries to slab it. Looks pretty beat up as well. It's certainly not a '51 Bowman.
  • Options
    SmuggoSmuggo Posts: 425
    Garbage, most likely came from one of the baseball card periodicals of the 90's which used to have an insert with fantasy cards in them.
    Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • Options
    Morning,

Wow, why can't the idiot who bid $27 come shop in my Store!!!!

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    onebamafanonebamafan Posts: 1,318 ✭✭
    Agreed, abused 80's-90's reprint........................
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    "No Returns Accepted"
    "I am here to make all buyers happy."

Where's the "Bid with confidence"?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    "This is definitely NOT a crap lot w/ a nice Book Value and Very Respectable."

Huh?
  • Options
    milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Don't forget aboout the "creasing and actual dirt from aging" in the description. I almost lost it when I read that part........
    Bob
    ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net
  • Options
    PM'ing the seller to ask if the autograph on back is authentic...
    Collecting Matt Alexander, Manny Sanguillen, and Rennie Stennett - pm me with your oddball items for sale or trade!
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I of course agree with the comments.

One thing about colllectors of Ty Cobb, they are hard core and have deep pockets...and they miss nothing on ebay that is Ty Cobb related...and if it is truly rare, they are willing to pay almost anything to get it.

If this card was truly genuine and rare it would likely be at 4 figures by now.