Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Favorite autograph in your collection

Hey, just curious what collectors here consider their favorite signed item. It would be great to see photos - my two favorites are as follows:

Comments

• thurman munson rookie contract signed 5 times does it for me...

Munson Contract signed 5x
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Rick, that is AMAZING. I was going to post a thing or two but I can't now. HA!
  • hold on, though worth less money than my munson, I like this one better...

Mickey Mantle Yankees Auto Signed $100 Bill w/ JSA LOA

does anyone have any deceased HOF'ers signed on $100 bills ?

LMK , I'd be interested in buying and adding to collection...
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

image Simply Awesome!!!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Will need to post a pick but I have an auto'd Jersey of Greg Jennings #'rd 400 - 420 - 421. Those are the TDS he caught from Favre. I also have it matted with the ticket stubs from both games. Corner piece of my auto collection. Been offered $2,000 for it but my Parents customized for me so I am keeping it.
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    My favorite item- a ball signed by 12 HOFers and Pete Rose, most of whom are 500HR club members (Mantle, Mays, Williams, Killebrew, Banks, McCovey, FRobby...)

And this is my favorite single-signed item

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • BPorter26BPorter26 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as cards go these are mine. All cut auto's that Doran made for me. I received all these auto's in person except for the Stargell.

"EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY IT SAYS IT RIGHT THERE ON THE WALL" - JACKIE MOON
  • SmuggoSmuggo Posts: 425
    Impossible to pick a favorite baseball piece, too many and too much attachment. For non-baseball I am pretty partial to this one:

Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>thurman munson rookie contract signed 5 times does it for me...

Munson Contract signed 5x >>

I have something similar for Cal Ripken Jr. ("only" signed three times):

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    So many great things shown already. I really love that HOF baseball and the Payton/Simpson card.
  • MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    Not a big Mantle fan, but I like this one. The frame is nice and there is a reprint of each of his cards. Thanks to some great eyes on the board I bought this with great confidence although not authenticated.

• HuggyfaceHuggyface Posts: 299 ✭✭
    2 of my favorites are my Walter Payton signed card and a 3x5 signed by HOFer Fritz Pollard

• airjoedanairjoedan Posts: 776 ✭✭✭
    Seriously awesome stuff! This used to be one of my favorites as well before I needed the extra money and had to sell it:

Oddly enough, this is the only item that I have ever had to file an insurance claim for as it was ruined while being shipped to the buyer. USPS insurance was paid in full to the buyer though, so all worked out. I do miss the photo and it is a shame that it isn't hanging on anyone else's wall now either after being so badly damaged.
  • epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

When the All-Star game was here in St. Louis a couple years back, Upper Deck was giving out these prints along with their wrapper redemption program at Fan Fest. I snagged two of them and then spent roughly the last 3 years (and significant cash) getting them signed by each of the athletes and then framed. One hangs in my house, the other sits in a closet... eventually to be sold. If anyone is interested, let me know... but it ain't cheap! All the signatures have COA/Holos (affixed to the back), except Pujols, which was signed at the annual Cardinals Winter Warm-Up... of course, I also have photos of each athlete signing the pictures to go along with them. 110% guaranteed to pass PSA/DNA authentication.

• epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭

And a couple other of my favorite pieces. A Stan Musial HOF inscribed bat... and full size Packers helmets. One is signed by Lombardi's Champions (NFL Champs and SB I & II) and the other is signed by the Super Bowl XLV Champion Packers (offense on one side, defense on the other)!
  • GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Those are some sweet autos that everyone posted.
  • burke23burke23 Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭
    Mine would be my game signed shoes of Charles Barkley - the first pair Nike gave him as a Phoenix Sun. No pic - the shoes are at my parents house (I'm 34...some day i will take my stuff back - ha).
    Looking for rare Randy Moss rookies and autos, as well as '97 PMG Red Football cards for my set.
  • BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    Signed during the '88 Cape League.

Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • I only collect Walter Payton, so...

The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound...That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

-t206
    -e90-1
    -e95
    -m116
  • SmuggoSmuggo Posts: 425
    Eric,
    Your wonderful Cardinals Upper Deck piece reminded me of a similar one (albeit with non-HOfers for the most part) that I assembled TTM in the 90's.

Collecting Pre-War, Pre-War HOF Types, Pre-War Postcards
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Had this signed at the National in Baltimore last year. First time I ever got to meet Cal and shake his hand, so this will forever be my fave.

• daddymcdaddymc Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭
    Really hard to pick just one piece. This might be my favorite card, though I have a new favorite I just picked up on the way to me in the mail:

Then this is still a work in progress, but definitely one of my favorite pieces:

Currently working on: Kurt Warner PSA 9 or 10

• VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Signed during the '88 Cape League.

image >>

'

I went to many Orleans Cardinals games in this era. I have a team ball signed by the whole 1990 team (I went to their baseball camp as an 11 year old). It kills me that I hadn't gone two years earlier! We rented a house in Eastham, the next town over, for 3-4 years straight and Orleans was the closest team. Love Cape League ball! Great experience. Nice card!
  • eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,676 ✭✭✭
    I lived in NYC in 2001 so i have to go with this one.

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • jasoneggertjasoneggert Posts: 486 ✭✭
    my 1953 Brooklyn Dodgers Ball with Jackie Robinson. -Jason

• jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭
    This is not the most difficult item to get signed but I am really happy with how it turned out once it was complete.
  • elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013
    Some great stuff on this thread... keep them coming!

While I have over 50 Walter Payton signed items, this is currently my favorite because it is pretty unique and I have never seen another:

Snorto~
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    It was fun when I met him in 1982 and he was truly amazing in person - I got to talk to him for about 5 minutes
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • The focus of my collection is Tommy Bridges who is from my hometown and pitched for the Detroit Tigers from 1930-1946. This is the third and final page of a letter written from Bridges to Tiger scout Billy Doyle in November of 1929, six months prior to his major league debut. Its literal value is probably no more than $500, but I honestly wouldn't take 5k for it.

• yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,243 ✭✭✭
    I know Navarro has one of these as well....
  • frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,044 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one is my favorite by far. He is my 10 year old son (then 9).

These are tied for second place.

Shane

• raiderguy10raiderguy10 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭
    Bar none it has to be this:

Back in 1948 Al Davis went to Syracuse University. If you read the book "Slick," the author talks about Davis' life and specifically addresses this picture in the book. Basically Al was always good at scouting talent (insert jokes here for the haters) and creating plays, formations, etc. but was never a good athlete. In 1948 he tried out for the Syracuse basketball team, and of course was cut right away. He kept showing up for practices even after getting cut, so the coaches banned him from the arena. Al had many friends on the team, and they informed him when the team picture would be taken. Al snuck into the arena, stole a jersey, and made it into the team photo. This is the original 1948 Syracuse newspaper with the famous photo. Priceless to me image
    Collect HOF Autos and Anything Raiders.

"In Al We Trust!"

Looking for Autos of HOFers Charles Bidwill, Tim Mara, Joe Carr, Fritz Pollard, Guy Chamberlin & Bill Hewitt
  • FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    My other two fav's. He was in town and I got him to sign a matting for my Dad when he met him for dinner the year before. Made my Dad's B-day

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭
    Another of my favorites is this signed no-hitter complete ticket from 07/13/91 wherein four Orioles pitchers combined to do it:

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Here are a few of my favorite:

Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection
  • Our Mattingly Bobblehead with Donnie Baseball & MVP inscriptions with the Photo op also signed is ours.

Great stuff guys.....

wsohl
  • scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Shared before, but definitely my favorite autograph. Ball signed at the 1955 HOF induction, in perfect shape!

• scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    Another favorite is my HOF bat (with the infamous Johnny Bench signature, if anyone remembers the story from a couple of years ago)...

• scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Very cool HOF ball! The DiMaggio reminded me of this piece of mine, which I like since they're all signed on the same item.

2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • milbrocomilbroco Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    I have two......The Mantle and the Cullenbine. You must read the small writeup and his response.
    Bob

ebay seller name milbroco
    email bcmiller7@comcast.net

• << <i>Here are a few of my favorite:

image >>

first off, sick i mean sick customs, is that vezina a real auto because i've never seen one before.

• << <i>

<< <i>first off, sick i mean sick customs, is that vezina a real auto because i've never seen one before. >>

Thanks! I get Garret (Knuckles) to make my cards. He really does a great job! And yes, that is a real Vezina autograph, signed the day of Game 1 of the 1919 Stanley Cup series between Montreal and Seattle.
    Thanks
    Sean

Always Looking for vintage hockey autographs

The Broderick Collection

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>first off, sick i mean sick customs, is that vezina a real auto because i've never seen one before. >>

Thanks! I get Garret (Knuckles) to make my cards. He really does a great job! And yes, that is a real Vezina autograph, signed the day of Game 1 of the 1919 Stanley Cup series between Montreal and Seattle. >>

AMAZING!! What would an auto like that fetch? Im thinking 10k easily because of the absolute rarity of it.
  • Ladder7Ladder7 Posts: 1,221
    Great hockeys!