Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Would you sell this on this account

So... Would you sell a card like this on this account? There has been nothing sold/bought since 2006.... Seems odd..

Would You?
Cory
----------------------
Working on:
Football
1973 Topps PSA 8+ (99.81%)
1976 Topps PSA 9+ (36.36%)
1977 Topps PSA 9+ (100%)

Baseball
1938 Goudey (56.25%)
1951 Topps Redbacks PSA 8 (100%)
1952 Bowman PSA 7+ (63.10%)
1953 Topps PSA 5+ (91.24%)
1973 Topps PSA 8+ (70.76%)
1985 Fleer PSA 10 (54.85%)

Comments

• Options
    Looks like he was a victim - I mean buyer - from waverly82 all the way back in 2002.

• Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭
    Might be ok.....but where is the cards right side border?? Does it not have one, or is that just a funky angle the pic took?
  • Options
    Many accounts like this are hacked accounts that people don't even remember about (no activity for 5 years). I would be very careful.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Many accounts like this are hacked accounts that people don't even remember about (no activity for 5 years). I would be very careful. >>

This statement of fact is based upon what information? Please cite your sources...
  • Options
    Oh, the collection I could afford if I could bottle common sense and sell it.
  • Options
    sportscardtheorysportscardtheory Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Many accounts like this are hacked accounts that people don't even remember about (no activity for 5 years). I would be very careful. >>

This statement of fact is based upon what information? Please cite your sources... >>

You have seriously never heard of a hacked eBay account? Are you new to the internet?
  • Options
    What is that crap on the label? Looks like a stain on the flip inside the holder.

Bobby, there's no right border. Appears miscut.

I'm guessing it's been tampered with in one way or another.
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    rated cards are much more sought after than graded cards

• Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

This statement of fact is based upon what information? Please cite your sources... >>

You have seriously never heard of a hacked eBay account? Are you new to the internet? >>

Doh!?!

There's a difference between accounts being hacked and "Many accounts like this are hacked..."
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    NO.
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i> There's a difference between accounts being hacked and "Many accounts like this are hacked..." >>

Yeah, one sentence used the adjective 'many'

Good for you.
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Something is wrong there. That card does not look like a straight 5.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    The card looks fine. Ugly and OC, but not tampered with. Look closely at the right border, down twards the bottom. You'll notice that the architecture of the slab is obscuring the right edge. While there's just a tiny bit of border there, it's enough to meet the 85/15 minimum for PSA 5. I'm actually getting around 80/20 based on the top corner (zoom in and you'll see a little bit of white border).

The gunk over the flip area looks like sticker residue. Some card dealers attach price stickers directly on the slab.

The picture is of a legit card. Whether or not the seller has the card is another question.

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options

All 55 Koufax's have that extra bit of white on the bottom. IMO that card has barely (if no)
    right border.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Hard to tell from the crappy pic, but perhaps it is a 7 in which the submitter requested no qualifiers, so it got graded a 5.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    The yellow and white seem to blend in with the way the picture was taken. There is a border.
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

707sportscards has a similar "right edge" example for sale (IMO, not as nice! What else is new! LOL!)

rd