Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

What will it cost to grade Modern Chinese Coins now?

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just received this e-mail:

All Chinese coins must be submitted through the Secure Plus service. As part of Secure Plus each coin is scanned, photographed, sniffed and undergoes a metal composition analysis. The metal testing is very helpful in detecting counterfeits. The availability of a photograph is also very effective in deterring counterfeiting. All valid certification numbers can be checked on our website. If there is a photograph (which is always the case for Secure Plus coins) the photograph will be displayed next to the coin information. We believe this change will go a long way towards combating Chinese counterfeits.

PCGS Secure Plus will be expanded to include Economy level submissions. The dealer price for Economy Secure Plus will be $25 (vs. Standard Economy of $18). We have received many requests for Economy Secure Plus.

In doing an on-line submission for it only offers (2) submission levels for Secure Plus. Walk Thru @ $125 ea and Express @ $65 ea?

Is there a cheaper way to submit Secure Plus?

If this is correct grading fee's will go from $14 for Modern less than $1,000 to $65 ea on Chinese Coins?

It says Dealer pricing for Secure Plus Economy is $25 but what is Collectors Club Member Pricing?

I hope I am reading this wrong?

Just wondering, GrandAm image
GrandAm :)

Comments

• Options
    icsoccericsoccer Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭
    Looks like it will cost you $7 more than the old economy. Happy to see the service level change!
    Bonus...having a pic linked to the coin.
    Cuts into counterfeit coins...all good.
    Insures fewer if any questionable coins get through grading...not that any have.....

Downer....
    Having just sent in a group of older Chinese for grades...happy with the grades...downer I missed the pics...
    Modern coin subs will cost more...not sure its worth more...but if you want a PCGS slab....get your $ out... unless you shoot them through before 8/1 like I am going to do.
    Successful BST transactions to date: Coindeuce, Cohodk, dantheman984, STONE, LeeG, jy8s, jkal, SeaEagleCoins, Hyperion, silverman68,Meltdown,RichieURich,savoyspecial,Barndog