Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Back from Vacation - Mail Loaded - Unopened Galore!

Got my BBCE stuff, some graded unopened (One from Grote) and a sealed box of '79 Cellos.

Thank god it went to the post office for mail hold, my wife would have killed me. image

Pretty much my budget for the summer at this point. It's so funny, I got back into collecting last summer, because I really wanted to work on a '33 Goudey set. So I got about 20% through that, and started on a '48 Bowman set, about 20% through that, and then the unopened bug bit me (with a side diversion into this years Heritage - which was fun, but I'll never do it again). Now, I just can not bring myself to open packs! I have a bunch of packs that I want to turn in for grading, and I keep saying to myself things like "Well, once I get a ton of '79 cello (which I do now) - I'll open my stray '79 cello packs" - but I never do! HELP!!!!

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com

Comments

• ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Nice batch, I'll help you , just send them to me!
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Got my BBCE stuff, some graded unopened (One from Grote) and a sealed box of '79 Cellos.

Thank god it went to the post office for mail hold, my wife would have killed me. image

Pretty much my budget for the summer at this point. It's so funny, I got back into collecting last summer, because I really wanted to work on a '33 Goudey set. So I got about 20% through that, and started on a '48 Bowman set, about 20% through that, and then the unopened bug bit me (with a side diversion into this years Heritage - which was fun, but I'll never do it again). Now, I just can not bring myself to open packs! I have a bunch of packs that I want to turn in for grading, and I keep saying to myself things like "Well, once I get a ton of '79 cello (which I do now) - I'll open my stray '79 cello packs" - but I never do! HELP!!!! >>

Hey Krish, I don't know how I missed your thread. Congrats!!! image

I've bought from Grote as well. One of the best unopened pack collectors bar none.

I wish I could have the post office intercept all my pack purchases. Would save me alot of trouble with the misses. I actually have 4 1979 cello boxes. My original plan was to get two but then I saw a graded box for only $258 on eBay that I couldn't pass up for that price and then another one loaded with stars that I had to have. As you know it is very addicting. image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.