Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Missed my chance at a new Colavito. Argh!

Player set collectors, isn't it frustrating when you look at closed auctions and actually find a card you needed and the auction has closed? This happened to me yesterday when I found a '65 Topps Transfer Colavito. The card didn't sell, but when I contacted the seller about it he already sold it. Grumbles.

Jeff

Anyone know of other good websites to find odd ball cards? I prefer them to be graded already.

Comments

• Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious- is the 65 Colavito a tougher year or was there a separate transfer card issued that year? I ask mainly because Colavito was on afew different teams later in his career. I seem to recall the card you are looking for- Colavito has a cap on and it is blacked out-

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    To answer your question I am not quite sure. I think that there is only one Colavito Transfer card. And I don't know if it's a tougher year or not. I just know I have been working on his player set for eons and can't believe I missed my chance to fill in a spot for a mere $65. image
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jusy curious- was it graded and if so what did it grade?

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Coinkat, it was a PSA 6.5
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate it when that happens! I have been collecting Killebrew for over 20 years and have missed out on many items. I also prefer items already slabbed, and have my wantlist narrowed down to mostly "oddball" items. Keep looking, it will show up again. Do you use the "Favorite Searches" function on eBay? It's a fast easy way to check on a specific item as well as player. Good luck and "Don't knock the Rock"
    Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I think the reason his 65 card and transfer has a blacked out cap is because in 64 he played for KC, and in 63
    he was with Detroit. It's possible they were using an older photo.

I hate when that happens too.

Edited to add: I just looked at my 65 and he is in a 1964 KC uniform.

Good for you.
  • Options
    Rookie "Rocco" Indians card for sale today on Ebay in about 3 hours you be the judge.
    Here it comes, ............ Mickey Mantle or Him? breedy