Home Sports Talk
Options

In honor of the NHL draft tonight...see the best player drafted 1-30 in history

artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
link

Can't believe that Mike Bossy, Al MacInnis and Joe Sakic where all drafted 15th over all. 14 other teams sure kicked themselves later.

mathew
baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
NHL hall of fame rookies

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    Matthew,

I love looking back at those types of draft lists. They should do one for all the rounds or at least through the current 7. I know of some great sleeper picks including from friend King Henrik.

I wish collecting unopened baseball wasn't so expensive as I'd love to collect some unopened hockey too.

Thanks for sharing.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    Rick Tocchet was taken in the 7th round. Patrick Roy was taken in the 3rd round. Luc Robitaille was taken in the 9th round.
    Ron Hextall was drafted in the 6th round.
  • Options
    jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    Luc Robitaille was drafted by the Kings in the ninth round (171st overall) of the 1984 NHL Entry Draft.

NHL totals
    Games - 1431
    Goals - 668
    Assists - 726
    Total points - 1394

not too shabby

edited to add HOF 2009
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭
    Ed Belfour, Dino Ciccarelli, Curtis Joseph, Joe Mullen, Adam Oates, Peter Stastny, Martin St. Louis, Dan Boyle, Brian Rafalski, and Nicklas Backstrom think that's nothing. (All were undrafted).
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>link

Can't believe that Mike Bossy, Al MacInnis and Joe Sakic where all drafted 15th over all. 14 other teams sure kicked themselves later.

mathew >>

And then there's 11th overall where Iginla (a star but hardly an all-time great) is the top pick ahead of..........Mike Sillinger and Brian Rolston. Wow.

Tabe
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭
    I'm surprised by 20, which also features the Big Bird and Goulet in addition to Brodeur.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>link

mathew >>

And then there's 11th overall where Iginla (a star but hardly an all-time great) is the top pick ahead of..........Mike Sillinger and Brian Rolston. Wow.

Tabe >>

at least that trumps #18. Glen Murray, Daneyko, Sykora.