Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

I need help finding someone

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,124 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have a love token engraved on a Charles II 1/2 Crown. I need to find info on the person. I believe Aug 11, 1782 is her death. A few years ago I had a thread about the coin and someone linked her information but I just spent the last 20 minutes trying to find the tread and searching google. I just can't find the info.

If anyone, or the first person, can find the tread or info on Elizabeth Morrifs, there will be a coin gift in it for you.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
  • Options
    PBRatPBRat Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Are you aware that the "f" in the surname is a Long S, making her surname "Morriss"? This may help in searching.
  • Options
    JamesMurray, thanks for that link. I believe there is another thread where someone was able to get info on this person.

Paul, I tried Morriss. It didn't help.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    Your welcome Ajaan,
    Ive tried about every keyword in every combination , i'm thinking maybe it's on another forum ? I know most of us post on more than one.
  • Options
    I'm beginning to think it was in a thread that wasn't started by me but one I replied to. Oh well! Thanks again. PM me your addy and I'll get something out to you in the mail.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    It's ok Ajaan , i don't mind helping out where i can buddy. I might find that thread yet , as an ex IT guy it interests me to see if i can , i'll update if i ever do , cheers man.
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is the one you're referring to: Click Me
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's when engraved posted his introduction, as well. Linky.
  • Options

<< <i>Here's when engraved posted his introduction, as well. Linky.[/q

Thats the oneimageimage
  • Options
    THAT'S IT!!!! Thanks Roman. I owe you lunch.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    spoonspoon Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭
    I've got Ancestry.com, but not the international subscription.. it looks like there might (maybe) be some useful info there.

Elsewhere, I found an Elizabeth Morris baptized 22 Sep 1782 in Chorley here. If you search around that site you can find others baptized in Chorley on 11 Aug, but Eliz isn't one of them. That doesn't necessarily mean anything, though.

Here is the record from FamilySearch that the old post was likely referring to, showing her christening on that date in Chorley. FamilySearch is based on user submitted records to the LDS archive.

Just quickie searches for now, I'll see if we can dig up something more solid when I have time.
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Very cool Don.

Unfortunately I don't have any ancestry accounts in the UK to check for you. I tried Google but couldn't find any info.

• Options
    Thanks all. I have what I was looking for.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don