Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

The Registry Is Just Exploding

I was looking back to six months ago (November) when I chose to become an addictof my own free will.

With the 1971T baseball set, I entered what little I had and I was #6 of the 6 sets listed. I believe that I was the 397th. set overall. At that time, there was a lot of 60 or 70 PSA 7's on ebay that the buyer could have entered and been in the #3 slot. Today, there are 22 sets, and that ebay lot wouldn't even get you in the top 10.

It was just a little over a week ago that we approached the 1000 mark. As of yesterday there were 1087 sets. An 8.7% gain in one week! Extrapolate those figures on an annual basis and the figure becomes mind-boggling. Before you guys jump all over me, I do realize that these kind of gains cannot be sustained, but there is certainly a healthy growth curve.

This is just fantastic! We'll have 2500+ sets listed by the end of the year.
THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Comments

• Options
    boggs301012boggs301012 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭
    I added my little set. Not much But I am happy to be "a part of the group" I dont know what Number I was But I joined around Number 1000.

Btw In a few days I will have pics added. And some more cards added.To my set use my link if intrested PSA has the set down for updating reasons.
    x
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    The growth of the PSA Registry truly is amazing image.
  • Options
    Zardoz - its really moving your right. I joined the 72' registry about a week ago and kidded about starting in place#25 on the 72' registry. If you click today I have dropped to 31st place! 31 sets! Theoretically if everyone ventures to completew this someday, that makes a total of 24,397 graded 72's right there.
    I added some cards today, so when it updates I will crawl out of the basement and make my long ascent. I am really psyched however to have so many set builders joining the fray. Hail to the set builder; long live the set builder!
    RayB69Topps
    Oh and by the way, thanks Frank for the boost.
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Not to rain on the parade, as the explosive growth can't be denied.

However, I will be curious to see how many of the recent 70s sets are a product of the registry special as opposed to people committed to actually building the set.

Regardless of the minor blimp that this may create, there is no doubt that set building in PSA is here to stay. The more set builders, the more cards PSA will slab, and so on, and so on.

Its a good thing.
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Hey Ray!

You just fell to #32! Now, you're charge to #1 will be even more dramatic!
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Gee Wiz !!
    Never met a Vintage card I didn't like!
  • Options
    This explosive growth is really great.....however.....do you see sharp price increases on the horizon on eBay for example with all the new set builders getting into the mix?
    More and more set builders in competition for X amount of graded cards......could get ugly...hmmmmm
    1963 TOPPS~ SayitaintsoJoe's Fresh from the pack Screamers~ All pictured in living color

"There's no crying in baseball card set building."
  • Options
    could get ugly?

It is already!

• Options
    I'm seeing people paying $1000 or more for "VG-NM" 1972 sets. I bought several of my NM/NM-MT '72 sets for $600-700 a few years back. The current prices make me feel better about recently using a $1500 buy it now for a '72 set with a PSA 8 Ryan. I hope the rest of the set is of similar quality.
    Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint
  • Options
    FBFB Posts: 1,684 ✭✭
    Ugly? You mean the market... and not just the collectors, right...image
    Frank Bakka
    Sets - 1970, 1971 and 1972
    Always looking for 1972 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball in PSA 9 or 10!

lynnfrank@earthlink.net
    outerbankyank on eBay!
  • Options
    Present company excepted of course.....I meant the collectorsimage
    1963 TOPPS~ SayitaintsoJoe's Fresh from the pack Screamers~ All pictured in living color

• Options
    Zardoz

What's with the Wienie beater?
    Collect vintage basketball and baseball,graded rookies allsports, Robin Yount,Brewers,Bucks,Packers
    Putting together a set of 61 Fleer Basketball PSA 7 or better.
    Trade references: T,Raf12,Coach Vinny,Iceman,McDee2,Lantz,JSA
  • Options
    LOL

One, it's totally different.

Two, errrr, it's the official logo of ZAG grading as they make a pathetic attempt to drum up business.

• Options
    I find myself falling into a trance watching him wail away on the drum kit. For some reason I start humming "Toad" and "Moby Dick".
    Please visit my eBay auctions at gemint
  • Options
    Hello I'm new i am currently working on the 72 topps football, 76 topps basketball and the football hall of fame set.... I have a website which I will have here shortly would apperciate any help in any of the sets. As I will try to help you guys also thanks......

Gangsta Jayson's Cards
    -- Remember, don't do drugs, have unprotected sex, or kill anyone...leave that stuff to me.

• Options
    Welcome Aboard Jayson!

• Options
    1111 sets registerd today
    Zach
  • Options
    69Topps8

Geez, you're taking me back. 1968 "Wheels of Fire" double album!
  • Options
    Thaks a lot.. So who are all the 1972 topps FOOTBALL collecters in here...
    -- Remember, don't do drugs, have unprotected sex, or kill anyone...leave that stuff to me.