Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Anyone See These Canadian "Moon" Series Coins?

Got the e-mail from the Canadian Mint last week with the first two in a 4-coin "full Moon" series. I was tempted to get - I'm a professional astronomer. Then I realized that the $122CDN was per coin, and each coin is 8.5 gms.

Thoughts?
Visit my coin website!

Actively Collecting: Yearly Mint Stuff, Ikes, SBAs
Passively Collecting: All coins currently circulating
Type Set: (20th-21st century) First year of issue (or 1901), P Mint, ALL varieties

Comments

• Options
    Actually, they are quite attractive, more so after I discovered the color is due to an anodization process. rather than some sort of painted enamel. However, I believe that I would pass as well, since I believe they will have a lower market price after a year or two. By them on eBay at a later date, would be my suggestion.
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Gimmicky coins like most of the RCM stuff make me gag.

Then I realize that they've found a way to sell silver for 4x the melt value, and I turn green with envy rather than from nausea.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    sylsyl Posts: 902 ✭✭✭
    Yes, buy them on the secondary market after issue. Most RCM granny bait drops to around 50-60% of isue price after a couple years.