Home Sports Talk
Options

NBA Draft - TONIGHT

larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
Where does Jimmer go? I put the over/under at 12 and made a friendly wager with a BYU grad friend of mine. Of course he thinks Jimmer will be drafted before 12. We shall see....

Of course I am curious what my King's do.

Any hidden gems that you see? Anybody that will be a big surprise 2 or 3 years from now picked 15 or later?

Though I am a Pac 10 fan I don't see how Klay Thompson could be talked about in the top 10. I saw several games on TV and was not impressed.

Even more unimpressed with Tyler Honeycutt and I am a big UCLA fan. He had one great game (against Kansas) and that's it. He looked soft and disintered and he might go late first round!? Crazy.

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always look forward to NBA draft night. The latest I have heard is that the Kings will go with Leonard from SD State. I don't know a lot about him, just that he is more of a perimeter shooter. As far as Jimmer...he probably goes at 12 to Utah. Derrick Williams is the best player in this draft in my opinion and makes the T-Wolves better immediately if that's where he goes. I think if he can stay healthy, Kanter could be a legitimate star in the league in the coming years and I'm interested to see where Kemba Walker ends up. Enjoy! image

And of course I love the way David Stern talks:

With the.........1st pick.......in the 2011 NBA Draft...........the Cleveland Cavaliers select........... image
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    the draft day deals, which I hope come about, could be more exciting than the draft itself this year
  • Options
    ESPN rumors says Kings in possible 3 team trade with Bobcats and Bucks. Not sure who the Kings get back though. Maggette?
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well your Kings got the Jimmer Jam! Did you have some inside info that you just weren't telling us?? imageimage I got really excited when I heard rumors late in the day that my Hawks were trying to make a Josh Smith trade for the #2 pick...unfortunately, it didn't happen. I think Charlotte had an excellent draft. I'm still trying to process all of the trades and rights to stuff...but all in all, I thought it was a pretty good draft. And I am looking forward to see the skills of a guy with the coolest name in the draft....Bismack! image
  • Options
    Though I am not a BYU or Jimmer "fan" I am sort of excited about that pick. He brings some potential excitment to the team and we need that. If he could come in and hit some threes he could be a great addition to the team; 10 minutes off the bench and knock down 2 or 3 long balls. For the second round the Kings got two Pac 10 guys so that's good for me. I don't love Honeycutt but I do really like Isiah Thomas. Saw him play several times, including a few times live, and I like his game. I think he could end up being a nice bench player. Not an all-star but nice sub. I guess that was the name of the game for the Kings... bench players. image

The number of foreign players was amazing last night. The deputy commissioner announcing the picks in the second round was laughing as he tried to pronounce some of those names.
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
    the blazers traded away andre miller..for someone 10 years younger and very similliar stats i am happy. and rudy fernandez can stop complaining now lol and i like our pick of nolan smith!!!
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2