Home PSA Set Registry Forum

1957Topps FB Master Set

Corrections have been made to the pop report, as now, no 9's exist and 3 (instead of 2) 8's of the rarer (no team/with position) of the two Sherman error cards exist. In addition, the weighting has been changed to now reflect 6 pts. (instead of just 1) for the rarer error rendtion and the Sherman (noteam/no position) version has dropped from 5 prts. to 4.

I still would encourage PSA to give more weight to the rare version. Only four have ever been graded, therefore not many sales exist, so no high $$$ no.'s for PSA to base on.

ps - the Sherman correct version remains unchanged with just 1 pt.

Comments

• Im not a fan of this new Sherman variation. For one, cards are not supposed to be added to the registry unless three examples of it have been graded. According to the pop report, there are only two of this "variation" so IMHO it should not be a part of the master set. Theres a reason the top collectors of this set dont have it.....

Why is your set not available for veiwing Mac? I understand people with high end sets blanking out their sets so people who want to sell them cards cant up the price, or bid them up. Open that baby up for the public to view man, your set is rated mid 6 range, no ones going to ace you out of that Unitas PSA 7 image
  • macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭
    I just had the set graded a few days ago. Admiral, give a guy a chance, re. "opening up". Also, there are now 4 diff. cards that have been graded re. rare Sherman error. Hamlet's 9 was actually 8 and vice versa re. the other error. BJ just corrected it so the pop report has it right now.

I can't tell how much I really like this set quite yet. It's HOFers are a stupendous list for sure. I am still trying to figure out if I really am a fan of that split image design or not. I think the backs are very cool in design.

I have a terrific Starr rookie in 8, with 9 quality centering and 8.5 corners IMO. I would love to see images of the three Starr 9's. Who has 'em?
  • macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭
    Kudos to Bd. member Mexpo Milke re. assembling this fine set. Great job!
  • mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the shout out Jim. Your help was greatly appreciated and I look forward to seeing you build this set up higher in the registry rankings. And there is no question the Starr card should be 8.5 minimum. I have seen one 9 and this one is every bit as good.
    PackManInNC