Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Non Collectors Club Member Submission

Hi all,

It has been a while since i last send my cards to PSA for grading. My membership has expired. I will be making a trip down to LA and i am thinking of sending some cards to PSA for grading. Here are my queries which I tried asking customer service but am confused with different answers:

1) Can i confirm that the cc membership is not needed to submit cards for grading unless you are sending via bulk services or the CC specials?

2a) I would like to submit a 2006 Fleer autographed Jordan 1986 buyback. Based on the declared value, i should be sending via the walk-through services. Can i drop this card at PSA in the morning and collect at the end of the day? Or is this considered as an autographed card which will take 20 days? (From what i understand, as long as u have a certificate for the signature from manufacturer, a verification of the signature is not required. Is this true?)

2b) Being a non CC member, Can i just drop off the above card by fixing an appointment on any of the weekdays or do i have to do it on public fridays? Does this applies to CC members too?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Go beckett on the jordan previous sales are much higher in high grade (9.5 or 10)

Edited to add, if you think you are going to pull a 9.5 or 10, if not then go psa and someone else can answer the question
  • Options
    earlycalguyearlycalguy Posts: 1,247 ✭✭

pretty sure you need membership for PSA. if you use PSA/DNA you don't need a membership
  • Options
    lyj47lyj47 Posts: 11
    Thanks for the prompt reply! Just received an email from customer service saying that non CC members can submit cards via the walk through services. So i guess now rules have changed, a CC membership is not mandatory for cards submission except for specials. Looking forward to make my trip to PSA! =)
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the boards.

Make sure you have an appointment, from what I understand one is needed for the walk through service.

Good for you.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Good luck on your sub!!! Let us know how you make out.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    divecchiadivecchia Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image and good luck with your sub...

Donato
    Hobbyist & Collector (not an investor).
    Donato's Complete US Type Set ---- Donato's Dansco 7070 Modified Type Set ---- Donato's Basic U.S. Coin Design Set

Successful transactions: Shrub68 (Jim), MWallace (Mike)
  • Options
    lyj47lyj47 Posts: 11
    Thank you all! Cheers.
  • Options
    Finally i manage to get the card graded! Great customer service from PSA. Signed up for a CC membership on the spot too and submitted my free grading cards at the same time. Enjoy!

• Options
    twileytwiley Posts: 1,923
    Nice card!!!!
  • Options
    Good move blacking the serial # out of those people who fake slabs can't steal it.

Nice card, looks good in the holder.
  • Options
    What is a 2006 Buyback? How does it work?

thanks, BTW very nice card!!!

peace
  • Options

<< <i>What is a 2006 Buyback? How does it work?

thanks, BTW very nice card!!!

peace >>

Upper Deck Announces Fleer Basketball Buy Back Autograph Quantities
    4/12/2007 4:51:25 PM

The 2006-07 Fleer Basketball Buy Back Autographs have generated much discussion and debate over the last two months. The buy back cards, which are from 1986-87, 1987-88 and 1988-89 Fleer sets, were issued as random redemptions in 2006-07 Fleer. The white whale card is the signed Michael Jordan Rookie Card, which celebrates its 20th anniversary this year.

Upper Deck released the following quantities for 17 players in the program. After much begging, however, the quantity for the Jordan card was not revealed.

The numbers below represent the total autograph quantity for each player in the entire buy back program. Some players have cards from more than one Fleer set.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar – 25

Larry Bird – 25

Clyde Drexler – 75

Julius Erving – 25

Magic Johnson – 25

Hakeem Olajuwon – 75

Adrian Dantley – 69

Ralph Sampson – 63

Bill Laimbeer – 49

Reggie Theus – 73

Cedric Maxwell – 50

Alvin Robertson – 62