Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What happened to the East coast office announcement?

anyone know? still in the works?

Comments

• Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭
    it is happening for sure
  • Options
    olb31olb31 Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>anyone know? still in the works? >>

They want to wait until after labor day, vacations and all.image
    Work hard and you will succeed!!
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    The East Coast office is all but done. Just finalizing the lease and security. Sorry, but no on site card grading. The initial purpose of the East coast office is for autographed items such as helmets, hockey sticks, bats and things along these lines that would be difficult to ship. PSA is trying to accommodate dealers / collectors so they don't have to ship these type items back and forth across the states.
    Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭

<< <i>The East Coast office is all but done. Just finalizing the lease and security. Sorry, but no on site card grading. The initial purpose of the East coast office is for autographed items such as helmets, hockey sticks, bats and things along these lines that would be difficult to ship. PSA is trying to accommodate dealers / collectors so they don't have to ship these type items back and forth across the states. >>

That is awesome news for me. Will we be able to drop off and pick these items up?
  • Options
    RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Why don't they just put it in Chicago near Steve Hart? They could speed up the process of pack grading and probably reduce the cost. Perhaps they could then also offer pack grading specials.
  • Options
    have they decided on the location ?
    Rick Probstein
    Ebay Store:
    Probstein123
    phone: 973 747 6304
    email: rickprobstein1@gmail.com

Probstein123 is actively accepting CONSIGNMENTS !!
  • Options
    YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭

<< <i>have they decided on the location ? >>

If I am remembering right it is NJ.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Minimal office space in Central, NJ (Woodbridge area) from what I've heard. Just a drop off for PSA (still ships to CA) and onsite for PSA/DNA only. Last I heard it was expected for late August/early September.
  • Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 550 ✭✭✭
    Yes sounds like no card grading here to start, just autographed large items.
    Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    packCollectorpackCollector Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭
    thanks, more details than what I heard before. sounds like a waste of time for the majority of collectors
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭

<< <i>thanks, more details than what I heard before. sounds like a waste of time for the majority of collectors >>

I don't think it is about the collectors, but rather a weigh station for accepting submissions, but also allowing more ease to attend East Coast shows for on-site submissions (not grading).