Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Best way to ship to China?

Had my first eBay store sale and it's to a gentleman in Shenzhen Guangdong province in China. I was planning to use insured Canada Post Light Packet International, but with the postal strike I'll have to use a courrier service like DHL or FedEx. Wanted to get your thoughts and perhaps some experience shipping there.

Comments

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it is only ONE coin, it might be ok.
    If your clients name is Richard J. he also has a address in Singapore which is better to use.
    Fedex.... if you tell them that coins are inside , they must declare it to the chinese customs.....which can create a problem....
    u can always take a chance on fedex or DHL not declaring it and saying it is documents only.
    one good reason I do not send to china...
    I would wait until Canpost is back and send it registered..
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>if it is only ONE coin, it might be ok.
    If your clients name is Richard J. he also has a address in Singapore which is better to use.
    Fedex.... if you tell them that coins are inside , they must declare it to the chinese customs.....which can create a problem....
    u can always take a chance on fedex or DHL not declaring it and saying it is documents only.
    one good reason I do not send to china...
    I would wait until Canpost is back and send it registered.. >>

Thank you, YQQ. He hasn't paid yet, so I might send him a note about shipping via Can Post when the strike is over.