Home Sports Talk
Options

Rory McIlroy - Born in 1989

Hmmm.... wow, that makes me feel old.
Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

Comments

• Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What gets me is how much he looks like Danny Noonan in Caddyshack, and his name is so similar to Roy McAvoy in Tin Cup!

Steve
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    Regardless of whom he looks like or the similarity of his name to that of a movie character the boy put on quite a show of golfing excellence this weekend. Talk about coming back from a disaster at the Masters to redeem himself. As a rule the U.S. Open may have one or two players under par. McIlroy beat some great scores that normally would win the Open by 10 strokes. Congratulations to him.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    That is the year I graduated HS..........ouch.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>That is the year I graduated HS..........ouch. >>

Me, too!
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭
    a decade after i finished college. but i have gotten used to this
  • Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Me, too! >>

Same here.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Me, too! >>

Same here. >>

Makes YOU GUYS feel old? He was born 6 years after I graduated from Law School!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Old? Heck, I've got grandkids older than him.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    cincyredlegscincyredlegs Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Me, too! >>

Same here. >>

Me three
    Project:

T206 Set - 300/524
  • Options
    Goot- Born in 1991.

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As a rule the U.S. Open may have one or two players under par. McIlroy beat some great scores that normally would win the Open by 10 strokes.
    >>

The scores in relation to par really don't matter. Shooting -16 and winning by 8 strokes is really no different than shooting -2 and winning by 8 strokes. The course played very easy, for a US Open.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Old? Heck, I've got grandkids older than him. >>

Ralph ... Best response to this thread so far! LOL
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019

<< <i>

<< <i>As a rule the U.S. Open may have one or two players under par. McIlroy beat some great scores that normally would win the Open by 10 strokes.
    >>

The scores in relation to par really don't matter. Shooting -16 and winning by 8 strokes is really no different than shooting -2 and winning by 8 strokes. The course played very easy, for a US Open. >>

Yes the course did play easy for an U.S. Open but that was due to all the rain, or so the TV announcers said. But no one else shot within 8 strokes of -16. The kid made a meal of it.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.