Home Sports Talk
Options

Mets hire Anthony Weiner

stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just heard the news story on ESPN.

The Mets aren't sure what job he is going to do yet, but a man of his talent is sure to add flash to the team, the Mets stated in their press conference.

Comments

• Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    NEW FLASH...................................

Anthony Weiner turns down Mets offer as he says it is too hard to stick it out. He will seek treatment for his affliction in the city of brotherly love, Philadelphia. Once he has been rehabilitated, he and his staff may pursue other opportunities as they look to branch out.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    <<< Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-Queens & Brooklyn), a life long Mets fan >>>

Press Releases08.06.04

WEINER TO SELIG: UMPIRE METS BROADCAST DISPUTE
    COMMISSIONER SHOULD INTERVENE IN TIME WARNER/CABLEVISION DISPUTE “FOR THE GOOD OF THE GAME

Queens, NY Today, Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-Queens & Brooklyn), a life long Mets fan, urged Major League Baseball Commissioner Bud Selig to intervene in the Time Warner/Cablevision contract dispute that has knocked Mets broadcasts off cable. Weiner urged Selig to arbitrate the dispute “for the good of the game.”

Millions of New Yorkers watch the Mets on cable channels the Madison Square Garden Network and Fox Sports New York (FSNY). Both are Cablevision networks that air on Time Warner.

However, because of a contract dispute, Time Warner is no longer airing MSG or FSNY. Cablevision wants Time Warner to pay more for the right to carry the networks, but Time Warner doesn’t want to pay.

Today, Rep. Weiner urged Commissioner Selig to offer to arbitrate the dispute, and bring it to a speedy conclusion.

“The baseball Commissioner has a fundamental responsibility to act for the good of the game,” said Rep. Weiner. “Letting diehard Mets fans fall prey to a dispute between two media giants would be an error of Buckner-esque proportions. Let’s play ball.”

Congressman Anthony D. Weiner
  • Options
    Weiner wanted to redesign the Mets uniform to have the Mets play baseball in their underwear, but the commissioner turned down the idea.
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Weiner wanted to redesign the Mets uniform to have the Mets play baseball in their underwear, but the commissioner turned down the idea. >>

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    I bet, if they hire him they will play harder.