• Options
    And to think, these are the same basta#ds who bombed the Baldwin Brothers
    Scoreboard Malfunction
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    What is wrong with these people?
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who the yell "riots" when your team loses - absolutely pathetic, even if your team wins.
  • Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭
    All of Canada should be embarrased... that they have citizens who can't hold their booze better! Really, it's just a bunch of drunk idiots.
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    one would have thought there would have been a larger police presence for crowd control......dumb people doing dumb things.....wonder what it would have been like if they had won

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    losers in so many ways
  • Options

<< <i>Perhaps you guys should stop talking so harshly aboot Canadians. >>

Why ? Lots of Canadians are speaking harshly about these Canadians. image
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Perhaps you guys should stop talking so harshly aboot Canadians. >>

Why ? Lots of Canadians are speaking harshly about these Canadians. image >>

aboot.................image
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    I think the Vancouver team should move to Atlanta.

Really though, what a senseless waste. I just don't understand that kind of reaction.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i agree vancouover should lose the team, nonsense
    bunch of idiots
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    frankhardyfrankhardy Posts: 8,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a bunch of idiots.

I blame parents. If parents would raise their kids right, this stuff wouldn't happen. If I would have been involved with something like that (or even much less) my backside would have gotten lit up and I would still be grounded to this day (and I'm 36). I love my parents and I thank God for them. I'm glad they didn't let me run wild.

Shane

• Options
    These were not 8-10 year olds. They were young adults and it does not matter how they were raised. They could of had a sister or brother who was raised the same way, but yet they walked away from the riots. You are who you are.
  • Options
    I hoping LeBron can take his talents to Vancouver. Play for the Grizzlies.
  • Options

<< <i>These were not 8-10 year olds. They were young adults and it does not matter how they were raised. They could of had a sister or brother who was raised the same way, but yet they walked away from the riots. You are who you are. >>

I don't buy that a bit. That brother or sister would be the exception and not the rule. Sure, there is no guarantee that if a child is raised right that they will turn out right, but the chances are FAR GREATER. If a child is loved, disciplined properly, and taught right from wrong, they almost always turn out to be responsible young adults.

So, you are telling me that it doesn't matter how a child is raised. A child could be raised like I described above and he/she has just as much of a chance to turn out right as someone who is abused, neglected, and allowed to do whatever the heck he/she wants to do. That is bull.

You say "you are who you are". I say "you are who your parents help you to be". Sure, not in every single case, but for the vast majority. I believe we, as parents, are given a blank slate when our children are born. A parent can mold and shape a child's future. That statement above is just a "cop-out" for lazy parenting. We as a society let TV and video games do the baby sitting while parents want to go do their own thing. We don't find out who their friends are and allow them to go anywhere and do anything they want to do. We are too chicken and too scared and too lazy to tell our kids "no". "No, you can't do that. No, you can't go there. No, you can't hang out with that boy/girl because they are a bad influence. No, you are not going to stay out for all hours of the night. No, you will not watch that movie." And because we (as a society) won't tell our kids "no", they end up doing whatever the heck they want to do.

I think I'll just stick with raising my 10 year old boy and 8 year old girl the way I was raised and take my chances. Their lives are too precious for me to be lazy and say, "Ok, just do whatever you want since 'you are what you are' and there is nothing I can say or do about it to change how you turn out". I refuse to do that.

Shane

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>These were not 8-10 year olds. They were young adults and it does not matter how they were raised. They could of had a sister or brother who was raised the same way, but yet they walked away from the riots. You are who you are. >>

I don't buy that a bit. That brother or sister would be the exception and not the rule. Sure, there is no guarantee that if a child is raised right that they will turn out right, but the chances are FAR GREATER. If a child is loved, disciplined properly, and taught right from wrong, they almost always turn out to be responsible young adults.

So, you are telling me that it doesn't matter how a child is raised. A child could be raised like I described above and he/she has just as much of a chance to turn out right as someone who is abused, neglected, and allowed to do whatever the heck he/she wants to do. That is bull.

You say "you are who you are". I say "you are who your parents help you to be". Sure, not in every single case, but for the vast majority. I believe we, as parents, are given a blank slate when our children are born. A parent can mold and shape a child's future. That statement above is just a "cop-out" for lazy parenting. We as a society let TV and video games do the baby sitting while parents want to go do their own thing. We don't find out who their friends are and allow them to go anywhere and do anything they want to do. We are too chicken and too scared and too lazy to tell our kids "no". "No, you can't do that. No, you can't go there. No, you can't hang out with that boy/girl because they are a bad influence. No, you are not going to stay out for all hours of the night. No, you will not watch that movie." And because we (as a society) won't tell our kids "no", they end up doing whatever the heck they want to do.

I think I'll just stick with raising my 10 year old boy and 8 year old girl the way I was raised and take my chances. Their lives are too precious for me to be lazy and say, "Ok, just do whatever you want since 'you are what you are' and there is nothing I can say or do about it to change how you turn out". I refuse to do that. >>

I agree with alot of what you are saying, but I have seen so many times that once a kid attends college or gets into his mid to late 20's they are completely different from how they were raised. Yes you can set the morales and teach values, but after a while they are who they are. I bet alot of those kids that vandalized the city of Vancouver were raised properly. When I said you "are who you are", I did not mean it is a hands off approach. But if one of my kids or my friends kids ends up getting into to trouble it might not have anything to do with how they were raised. You go on and keep saying "no" to everything and see when they are turn 18 and they run.
  • Options
    I just meant saying "no" to things that are wrong. I was just trying to emphasize that a lot of parents don't want the confrontation, so they give in easily. Also, it's always good to say, "No, you can't do that, but how about let's do this together".

I appreciate the thoughtful response.

Shane