Home Sports Talk
Options

Real sports those Canadians!!!

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭
After the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, the fans acted like a bunch of animals. Throwing water bottles on the ice and a constant booing that resonated throughout the building. What classy people up there in Bristish Columbia...looting, fire-bombings, and basically trashing the city after losing a friggin hockey game. The Canuck players were equally as pathetic with cheap shots and bush-league attempts to generate fouls by the umpires.

I hope all you Canuck fans feel the pain for a long, LONG, LONG time. If your team was equal to the task, you wouldn't have been skunked at home and humilitated.

Real sports you Canadian folks are, nothing but a bunch of sore-loser punks.

Comments

• Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

I watched the remainder of the game after the Red Sox and was disgusted at the actions of the fans after tthe Canadians lost. I never heard

or saw such a poor display by a group of fans in my life, Canadians should be ashamed of what happened. I will stick to baseball from now on.
  • Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭
    Please remember that just because a small group of people do something don't condemn the entire country.
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

<< <i>Please remember that just because a small group of people do something don't condemn the entire country. >>

That's right. Be careful what you say about the way Canadian hockey fans are. The Quebec riots, the Vancouver riots, the cheap shots done by Canadian hockey players in the NHL. Be careful what you say about that religion that blows innocent people up too. Don't want to offend anybody now, do we image
  • Options
    melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    I think we need to fortify the border between the US of A and Canada lest their hockey fans sneak into the country and wreck havoc on our major cities.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Good thing we've never had anything like that here in the United States. Oh, that's right, we only burn down towns after we win the titles, so that makes it ok.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Please remember that just because a small group of people do something don't condemn the entire country. >>

Agreed
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually cheer for the team in any sport that hasn't won in a long time or at all. I didn't think Vancouver was tough enough to beat the Bruins, but I never knew their fans were such pu$$ies! Very unsportsmanlike response to a deserved loss.
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In any crowd, in any country, there's always a few troublemaking idiots who incites the mob to do their dirty work.

Take any Canadian city and compare it to any US city (of equal size) and most likely you'd be able to walk the downtown streets fairly safely, while in the US, you'd better be carrying a 'piece' and have backup with you.

As a sidenote, there's more Canadian players on the Bruins, than the Vancouver team (not that it's relevant in this thread).
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the rioting did not surprise me one bit.

A few years ago, the Vancouver fans actually booed the United States National Anthem at a hockey game. Ever since then, they just continue to prove themselves to be nothing more than a bunch of punks.

That being said, from 1998 - 2004, I was stationed in Great Falls Montana with the U.S. Air Force. I drove up to Calgary a few times to watch the Colorado Avalanche play the Flames. I always wore my Patrick Roy jersey. Every time, I was treated very well. The fans in Calgary were great. There was good natured ribbing, but it was all in fun. Every Canadian I encountered during that time was friendly and accomodating.

Steve
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>After the Bruins won the Stanley Cup, the fans acted like a bunch of animals. Throwing water bottles on the ice and a constant booing that resonated throughout the building. What classy people up there in Bristish Columbia...looting, fire-bombings, and basically trashing the city after losing a friggin hockey game. The Canuck players were equally as pathetic with cheap shots and bush-league attempts to generate fouls by the umpires.

I hope all you Canuck fans feel the pain for a long, LONG, LONG time. If your team was equal to the task, you wouldn't have been skunked at home and humilitated.

Real sports you Canadian folks are, nothing but a bunch of sore-loser punks. >>

Spoken, like a solid American (well, one from the northeast!) image

rd
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can knock the idiots who rioted all you want but the people in the building were 100% class. Or did you not hear the loud ovation given to Tim Thomas for winning the Conn Smythe? Or the loud ovation for the presentation of the Cup?

Tabe
  • Options

<< <i>In any crowd, in any country, there's always a few troublemaking idiots who incites the mob to do their dirty work.

Take any Canadian city and compare it to any US city (of equal size) and most likely you'd be able to walk the downtown streets fairly safely, while in the US, you'd better be carrying a 'piece' and have backup with you.

As a sidenote, there's more Canadian players on the Bruins, than the Vancouver team (not that it's relevant in this thread). >>

• Options
    artistlostartistlost Posts: 2,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You can knock the idiots who rioted all you want but the people in the building were 100% class. Or did you not hear the loud ovation given to Tim Thomas for winning the Conn Smythe? Or the loud ovation for the presentation of the Cup?

Tabe >>

True...the only boos I heard were when the commish talked.
    baseball & hockey junkie

drugs of choice
    NHL hall of fame rookies
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You can knock the idiots who rioted all you want but the people in the building were 100% class. Or did you not hear the loud ovation given to Tim Thomas for winning the Conn Smythe? Or the loud ovation for the presentation of the Cup?

Tabe >>

True...the only boos I heard were when the commish talked. >>

He fully deserved all those boos!