Home Sports Talk
Options

So....on a smaller scale, will the Sedin's, Luongo and Kesler be looked at similar to Lebron???

HallcoHallco Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
Congrats to the B's....but the stars that shined in the regular season for Vancouver for the most part disappeared in the finals. Do you think "choke" will be the word that will be tagged on any of them?

Comments

• Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭
    Luongo choked in Boston, but the Sedin's choked the Cup finals.
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    Tim Thomas stood on his freaking head. If Luongo had given up only 2-3 goals per game in the games they lost, they still would have lost.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    lanemyer85lanemyer85 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭
    how about waiting until the injury report comes out this morning? If you watched any of the series with even moderate attention, you'd know Kesler is/was injured. Early rumors suggest a possible torn hip flexor.
  • Options
    Kesler was a shell of how he usually plays, but he is really the only one that has an excuse.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really only mentioned last Kesler because of the regular season he had. I agree he wasn't 100%, but he did average almost 20 minutes per game during the finals.
  • Options
    Kesler won't admit to injuries, but supposedly it's both a groin tear, and hip labrum tear.
    Edler - two broken fingers
    Hamhuis - torn groin muscle
    Ehrhoff - headed for shoulder surgery
    Raymond - fractured vertebrae

• Options
    Horton concussion
    Krejci - minor shoulder injury, no surgery
    Lucic - "severe toe injury"
  • Options
    What are Luongo and Sedin's excuses?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What are Luongo and Sedin's excuses? >>

Luongo has a severe case of vaginitis
  • Options
    Luongo has a severe case of vaginitis

then I suppose Marchand can recommend Luongo to his gynecologist.
  • Options
    Add Chris Higgins to the list of wounded. Broken or fractured foot.
  • Options

<< <i>Luongo has a severe case of vaginitis

then I suppose Marchand can recommend Luongo to his gynecologist. >>

Not bad for a rookie, he can play on my team anytime. He scored huge goals for the B's in the Finals and your douchebaggery means zero to me.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,457 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What are Luongo and Sedin's excuses? >>

None. Thomas reminded me of Bernie Parent, my boyhood idol when the Flyers won their two cups.

I am very happy for Boston. They really love their hockey, and like the Mavericks they exemplified what sports are all about.

Even if Vancouver had won, Luongo lost a lot of equity. I do not wish him any ill will, as he plenty of chance to redeem himself. The Sedins will as well.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    It's hockey. Who outside of Boston and Vancouver even cares? Is it a choke if no one is watching?
  • Options

<< <i>It's hockey. Who outside of Boston and Vancouver even cares? Is it a choke if no one is watching? >>

This is coming from a Braves team that had the best starting rotation for over a decade and has only one WS?
    CHOKE
  • Options
    PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    It really isn't the Braves' fault. During the years that they went to the Series, Jane Fonda was giving their secrets to the opposing teams.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It's hockey. Who outside of Boston and Vancouver even cares? Is it a choke if no one is watching? >>

Yeah, never mind that game 7 was the highest-rated program of the night.

Tabe
  • Options
    57loaded57loaded Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

This is coming from a Braves team that had the best starting rotation for over a decade and has only one WS?
    CHOKE >>

that's a whole other topic but....image

• Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    <<<Is it a choke if no one is watching?>>>

Apparently a lot of people were watching....it was the highest rated NHL game since 1974.