Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

1971 Kellogg's- How tough is it to find PSA 9's?

Is anyone else putting together a 1971 Kellogg's set? Is it a waste of time trying to find PSA 9's? Should I lower my expectations? I've never seen a PSA 10 from the set sell on e-bay, what do they go for? Also interested in 1959 thru 1961 Fleer.
1971 Kelloggs and 1961 Fleer

Comments

• Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    Guffy, I have definitely seen 9's on Ebay. There are nine PSA 9's on Ebay right now. Building this set does require patience. When Kellogg's issued the '71 cards they could only be found in the cereal boxes. With the other Kellogg's issues one could find them in the boxes or write to the company for the cards.
  • Options
    The only thing I know about the 10's is that about two years ago a 1971 Kellogg's Clemente PSA 10 sold for about $3,500 on an Andy Madec auction. At the time it was a one of one. The last time I checked it was a one of two.

Why not join our 1970 Kellogg's club? image

Nothing beats the effect of a 1970 Kellogg's...image
  • Options
    The 1970 Kelloggs crowd are a much nicer bunch of folks in my humble opinion, so I've been told, so someone once mentioned, so I read somewhere.........................................image

3-D

It's Coolimageimage

It's groovy!!!image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    Well said Zardoz. I would just like to add that the 3-D effect is so amazing that you can actually feel Pete Roses's bat in your face.
  • Options
    ...and you get this amazing effect without having to wear those stupid red and green glasses.

Be in awe!

Be coolimage

Collect the 1970 set

Not that I am biased........................image
    THE FLOGGINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES
  • Options
    No, don't collect the 1970 Kellogg's set. Please wait until I finish mine, then you can start. image

Robert
    Looking for:
    Any high grade OPC Jim Palmer
    High grade Redskins (pre 1980)
  • Options
    Rbeaton, your comment might hurt our membership drive image. There's plenty of 3-D to go around.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info.
    Putting in bluntly, if I can find a 1971 Kellogg's PSA 10 common for under 1k, should I buy it, or is that too agressive. I'm just not having any luck getting 9's from raw cards, much less a 10.

• Options
    Guffy - it's really tough to say since there haven't been many 10's for sale to compare.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Guffy -- If you have a contact for a 1971 Kelloggs PSA 10, I would be interested in hearing more details if you decide not to pursue the card....
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    I know a guy that says he has two of the 10's in 71 Kellogg's. I think it's McNalley and Kessinger. He also has 40 9's. It may be on the register. I can't imagine what a 10 would go for.