Home Sports Talk

What od you think of how LeBron James handled himself during the post game interview when asked the

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
LeBron was sitting with D. Wade at a post game interview session wit the media.

A reporter asked [the question was asked to both players; though when the question was asked the ESPN camera was pointed at LeBron] the question about whether [the Heat in general, or LeBron and/or D. Wade specifically I do not remember] they "Choked".

LeBron froze up, was unable or unwilling to respond to the question and looked at D. Wade.

D. Wade then repsonded to the question, directly and without hesitation.

LeBron looked as if he desparately wanted to disappear and his body language and facial expression communicated clearly that he wanted D. Wade to step in, take over and rescue LeBron from an uncomfortable situation.

His conduct during the press conference when the "Choke" question was asked simply confirms what LeBron's 4th quarter play on the floor evidences. He is scared to exert himself and take over a game in crunch time. He wants someone else to step up and lead.

It will be interesting to see if he performs the same in future years; or if he will change his mindset and become a player who wants the ball in crunch time. There are lots of great players in all sports who have fantastic skills. However, there are only a few players who have the mental frame of mind to where they want and demand the ball in crunch time.

MJ comes to mind. So does Larry Bird and Magic Johnson. So does Kobe Bryant. So does D. Wade.

LeBron. Not yet and maybe never.

Comments

• ToroToro Posts: 1,515
    Honestly, I'd like to see him mature as a player and be successful. However, with his post game interview comments, he's alienated NBA fans and I don't believe there is anything he could do to recover from the damage done.
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    He can be successful and still be a complete a$$. One on hand, I'd say he's young and immature, but on the other, he's been doing this for 8 years now, so I think he should know how to answer any question that is thrown at him.
  • rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Kid goes from a Northern Ohio neighborhood, right out of High School, into the NBA, instantly becoming a major impact in the sports world, on the NBA, and because of this great talent, allows a mediocre team at best, like Cleveland, to become a force in the league.

Season after season, and Cleveland offers up no other star to compliment this great player. So what happens? Season number 8, LeBron makes a move out of Cleveland, and picks the Miami Heat! Good for you LeBron!

Don't worry about the finals, and all the "heat you feel", as all those NBA lemmings watch every word you say, every move you make, and cannot wait for you to trip up.

You'll get over it LeBron James, just chill for the summer in your new 25 million dollar mansion on the water in South Florida. And enjoy being the third highest paid athlete on the planet (behind Tiger and Kobe).

Life can be a challenge, and we do learn from our good and bad experiences as we grow. You will do better next year! And DO NOT LET ALL THOSE LEMMINGS MOLD YOU INTO SOMETHING BAD. Just feed off of the "haters and naysayers", not in a negitive way, but in a postive light and, ...you'll be just fine!

Congrats to the Mavericks and the Heat for putting-on a very exciting and nail-biting series.

And do remember this LeBron: Your first season with the Heat, you were just 2 wins away from winning a championship. And that was better than everyone else in the league, and most of those other NBA teams put years into developing a winner.

Good luck to you and my Miami Heat next year, as I'm sure I will again enjoy watching Miami Heat basketball next year, as I did this year!

rd
  • SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LeBron has physical gifts and talents that are amazing and he will have a career that will make him rich beyond belief and possibly one of the all time great players.

However, he is not the "alpha male" on this year's Heat team.

D. Wade is the alpha male and LeBron is his side kick.
  • jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats LeBron, for being the third best player on the Heat. You couldn't do it "by yourself" in Cleveland, and you couldn't do it with two better players in Miami. Maybe Dirk and the rest of his all-star team will let you hold their ring. Oh yeah, Dirk was the only all-star... that's right. I guess you don't need a team of all-stars to win a championship. Cleveland had it right all along.
  • SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I guess you don't need a team of all-stars to win a championship. Cleveland had it right all along. >>

Here here
  • EstilEstil Posts: 6,863 ✭✭✭✭
    Mr. James, you look hungry, how about a nice bunch of sour grapes? image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P+S, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 61D, 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    At work today my son made a good point I had not thought of. He said if LeBron really wanted to win the championship why didn't he sign with Dallas?
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph