Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2006 Reverse Proof ASE

So I have a a set of the 20th anniversary with the reverse proof in PR70, PR70DCAM, and MS69 all with the 20th anniversary label.

I have no idea what to do here or if I'm just SOL...the Reverse Proof and PR70DCAM both have MILK SPOTS...these have been stored in a food saver bag vacuumed up for over 4 years (maybe 5) and rarely taken out of the tote I have them in.

Am I just left with having a milk spots on them or will PCGS honor any type of guarantee?

Thanks for any help on how to deal with this situation...pretty ticked off right now!

Comments

  • Options
    I'd send them in for a spot review.
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    PCGS guarantee is the best in the business. They will honor the guarantee and give you a few options (money for the coins, downgrade with money difference, attempt to crack out and dip). You won't lose out.

    Milk spots is why I no longer collect the ASE's. Be glad you had them in PCGS slabs.
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,781 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send them in for review, they are very good about this problem.
    I had a few MS and PR 70's that developed milk spots, they could not be removed so they gave me fair market value.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭

    I was lucky, I did not get any milk spots and have sold all of my anniversary sets at a good profit.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,225 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite milk spots (pity about them), the reverse proof is one of the coolest coins the U.S. Mint's designed, since the bi-metallic coin of 2000 (in my opinion).
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 13,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I LOVE the reverse proof.
    Th only one I have is in an original set but that's good enough for me.

    John91C, once in a thread like this our hosts jumped in and said something t othe effect "We don't want spotted ASEs in our holders."
    Send 'em in!


    "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

  • Options
    John91CJohn91C Posts: 306 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies...I'll send them in and see if they can remove them...if not then I guess I'll have to get fair market value. Man I hate to let these coins go...love the reverse proof!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file