Home Sports Talk

Freddie Sanchez

Tough injury for Sanchez last night. For those who didn't see it, he laid out to reach a ball and dislocated his shoulder.

I'm sure the Giants are working toward requesting a rules change on ground balls up the middle. There's just no place for those in baseball.

Comments

• calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Wow, I can't believe you beat me to this.

I think the government should ban the actual use of live players and go with "sim" players . That way no actual humans would ever be actually be hurt or injured. All cities could have a winner every year or so , if they are in good standing. Even the "top" stars could be female or whatever to attract that fan base. I could even see wonder-dog or something along those lines hitting the "sim" game wining homerun to help win over those type of movie going fans.

Yes , I think its barbaric that real humans play the game as its always been played and get injured and have pulled muscles . Most of all I think its horrendous that players and fans get their collective feelings hurt when their favorite teams lose.

I'm proud that the sport has continued to evolve to a more humane level. They all must be winners and they all must have prizes.--- Sonny

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    What about the fans that get struck by stray foul baseballs and/or spill beer because of this? I think giant plexiglass (like hockey) should be put around the field so that no ball ever leaves the field of play. And you can play them off of the plexiglass (like MISL soccer or Jai Alai).
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I'm starting to like this thread. Can we re-name it the "Why I hate Brian Sabean etc." thread?
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • gumbyfangumbyfan Posts: 5,159

<< <i>I'm starting to like this thread. Can we re-name it the "Why I hate Brian Sabean etc." thread? >>

I'm sure the site's server only has so much space. image
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I think giant plexiglass (like hockey) should be put around the field so that no ball ever leaves the field of play. And you can play them off of the plexiglass (like MISL soccer or Jai Alai). >>

I vote the opposite way. I propose that the seats behind home plate are FREE ... and all netting behind home plate gets removed.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019
    I am sorry to hear someone got hurt doing a job they get paid millions a year to do. In actuallity they make millions a year to play a kids game. In the real world people get maimed and killed every day on jobs making $50,000, or less, a year.

Not trying to be negative or spoil the thread but if one does their job there is a chance of getting hurt.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.

<< <i>I am sorry to hear someone got hurt doing a job they get paid millions a year to do. In actuallity they make millions a year to play a kids game. In the real world people get maimed and killed every day on jobs making $50,000, or less, a year.

Not trying to be negative or spoil the thread but if one does their job there is a chance of getting hurt.

Ron >>

Wow. If you hate sports so much, why did you feel the need to stumble on over from the loose change forums?
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And they need to make the outfield fences lower so drunk fans won't hurt themselves when then jump down on the field to run around.
  • digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>Not trying to be negative or spoil the thread >>

My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25

<< <i>And they need to make the outfield fences lower so drunk fans won't hurt themselves when then jump down on the field to run around. >>

Now we're back on track. image

It reminds me of January 2, 2011 at Lambeau Field. After the Packers beat the Bears to get into the playoffs, a few of the players took a lap around the field high-fiving fans in the front row. One woman in the end zone was so excited to touch Aaron Rodgers that she reached a little too far and went arse over teakettle onto the dirt/stone path around the perimeter of the field. Poor woman didn't even get her hands down from what I saw and took almost 100% of the impact to her face. She was okay after getting a little medical attention.

If that happened in San Francisco, I'm sure the Giants would have forced fans to wear a harness and be tethered to their seats.
  • melvin289melvin289 Posts: 3,019

<< <i>

<< <i>I am sorry to hear someone got hurt doing a job they get paid millions a year to do. In actuallity they make millions a year to play a kids game. In the real world people get maimed and killed every day on jobs making $50,000, or less, a year.

Ron >>

Wow. If you hate sports so much, why did you feel the need to stumble on over from the loose change forums? >>

Really, I love baseball, the greatest game ever conceived . I just think they get paid lots of money to play and injury is part of the sport. It has been said Cal Ripkin broke just about every finger on both hands and played on. Just last week the Schafer kid from Atlanta bunted a ball into his face and was back in the lineup the next night, it might have been 2 nights later. You gotta be tough.

Ron
    Collect for the love of the hobby, the beauty of the coins, and enjoy the ride.
  • PowderedH2OPowderedH2O Posts: 2,443 ✭✭
    But gumbyfan, you've got to admit... after years of supporting Mays and McCovey, Giants fans love their Willies.
    Successful dealings with shootybabitt, LarryP, Doctor K, thedutymon, billsgridirongreats, fattymacs, shagrotn77, pclpads, JMDVM, gumbyfan, itzagoner, rexvos, al032184, gregm13, californiacards3, mccardguy1, BigDaddyBowman, bigreddog, bobbyw8469, burke23, detroitfan2, drewsef, jeff8877, markmac, Goldlabels, swartz1, blee1, EarlsWorld, gseaman25, kcballboy, jimrad, leadoff4, weinhold, Mphilking, milbroco, msassin, meteoriteguy, rbeaton and gameusedhoop.

<< <i>Really, I love baseball, the greatest game ever conceived . I just think they get paid lots of money to play and injury is part of the sport. It has been said Cal Ripkin broke just about every finger on both hands and played on. Just last week the Schafer kid from Atlanta bunted a ball into his face and was back in the lineup the next night, it might have been 2 nights later. You gotta be tough.

Ron >>

Someone get Brian Sabean on the phone...I think we may have found him a new PR guy.