Sports Illustrated 1-year Subscription (56 issues) + NFL Team T-Shirt for $10

mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One size fits all- XL.................. image ;
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember the last time I bought a sports magazine.

With all the free news and info on the internet, what's the point?
  • Options
    GarabaldiGarabaldi Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I can't remember the last time I bought a sports magazine.

With all the free news and info on the internet, what's the point? >>

This kills me, but
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, clearly you haven't read Sports Illustrated in over a decade. They aren't a news magazine and haven't been in a long time. Sports Illustrated is a feature magazine and they publish timely - but not time-critical - articles. Sure, go to espn.com for your news but SI still has lots of great feature articles.

Tabe

• Options

<< <i>

Well, clearly you haven't read Sports Illustrated in over a decade. They aren't a news magazine and haven't been in a long time. Sports Illustrated is a feature magazine and they publish timely - but not time-critical - articles. Sure, go to espn.com for your news but SI still has lots of great feature articles.

Tabe >>

I'm sure they offer something, especially the swimsuit issue...but I'm simply not interested in what is LeBron James favorite color or how maybe his coach in grade school benched him for a game. I'm not knocking anyone who enjoys reading all the details about an athlete, but I'd rather focus on and enjoy the sports game, rather than too much detail about the personalities.

And frankly, if the feature article is anything worthwhile, the general idea is picked up on the internet news and I get to read it for free. image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Thanks for the LINK. The $10.00 is less than you would pay for just the shirt ... this is a GREAT deal even if you obtain most of your sports info from the Internet. (which I do as well.)
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I got a Patriots T-Shirt for $10, and a free SI subscription.

Yes, you can read sports on the 'net, but I still only read magazines while on the crapper. image
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

Even my sister flipped-out over this deal, as my brother-in-law has been subscribing to SI forever, so my sister called SI customer service and this deal will add an extra 56 weeks to his current SI subscription.

Thanks again! image

rd

• Options
    Come on you horny bastiges, just admit it, ya subscribed only so ya can get the swimsuit issue without the wife suspecting anything.

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    since I don't have wifi and am not hard wired into my bathrooms a sport magazine comes in handy at least once a day.....image
  • Options
    rbdjr1rbdjr1 Posts: 4,474 ✭✭

<< <i>Come on you horny bastiges, just admit it, ya subscribed only so ya can get the swimsuit issue without the wife suspecting anything.

image >>

funny you mentioned that issue, I remember a SI swimsuit issue some years back, that came with special 3-D glasses. Every bathing beauty in that issue;

WAS in 3-D !!

LOL!

rd

P.S. My family thought I was nutz, walking around the house all week with 3-D glasses on! image