Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

I just love the ebaY titles with......

You can insert your own here, but one of my favorites is....

"..Blah Blah Blah.. PSA 8 OC !!!!!!! "

Is that like I am supposed to be excited that it is OFF CENTER?

Another one is

"BLAH BLAH BLAH.....SET BREAK!!!!!"
The fact that you broke up a set makes it more appealing?

HEH HEH

Tony
KalineFan

Comments

• Options
    I prefer the OC in the title. I hate when they list it as an 8 or 9 but then it is with a qualifier.

Bob
    Not an alt, just a lurker

Looking for Bob Uecker cards

My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    SDavidSDavid Posts: 1,584 ✭✭
    Centered! (with a card that's 75/25).

• Options
    SethroSethro Posts: 671 ✭✭
    My favorites are raw cards with PSA 10??? or PSA 9????? in the title.

As if.
    Positive transactions: Bighurt2000 - DavidPuddy - ShootyBabitt - Bosox1976 - LarryP - Captainthreeputt - Tedw9 - aconte -EAsports -Johnsteph10 -hhmag70 - depcs - TheThrill22 - scotgreb - longtimemetsfan - cadets68 - augustaman - mcholke - miconelegacy
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    Set break is useful as a reminder to check the person's other auctions if you're working on a set.

How about LOOK or WOW.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    RARE and then when you look the card is from the 80s or newer.
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    Tony, "set break" is and has been a very useful description for me as both a buyer and seller.....the problem i have is with folks who insist on selling 7 cards individually from a 660 card set and abusing the term, since of course they know it works, but an entire set or close to it?, well if you're really breaking up a set, then why not?.....the overwhelming amount of B.S. that penetrates eBay's site just through titling is enough to drive anybody away, but there's still work to be done and stuff to be bought.

BTW, this is a RARE 1/1 AUTHENTIC post. image
  • Options
    SouthsiderSouthsider Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭
    I like the titles that tell me what the card is NOT: "Graded PRO Mint 9 NOT PSA BGS SGC"

Because otherwise I was really confused that PRO might be any of those companies.
  • Options
    macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭
    I luv the raw card sellers who list NM or the like in the title, and then say "look at scan for detail - this is the card you will get" - and it is EX at best. Happens all the time.
  • Options
    cards651cards651 Posts: 665 ✭✭
    I agree with itzagoner on the Set Break term. When I see this I will look at the other auctions and I will bid on a number of the cards if it is a true set break.

How about "I am not a professional grader." Really?
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My favorites are raw cards with PSA 10??? or PSA 9????? in the title.

As if. >>

I agree. I hate the ???? I often report these to Ebay for Keyword Spamming or Misleading Title, but I never rollow up to see if Ebay actually removes the listings.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    lol. they do follow up, at least.... i reported somebody recently for using "1969 set break" as keywords for his auctions, which consisted of RC Cola cans with pics of HOFers from the late 70s....his junk was sitting atop my auctions when i went to check on my own listings and by the next day they had been altered, so i guess he was warned, but he still had plenty of other auctions spamming the same use of "set break" with different years for the stupid cans. image
  • Options
    I understand what you are all saying on the "SET BREAK" thing, but 1/2 the
    time it is like a set that is 5% complete or something like that.......

The other one a couple mentioned was "....BLAH BLAH BLAH...not PSA BGS SGC"
    THIS IS A BLATANT RULE VIOLATION OF EBAY and I wish they would police that
    one more! This is just to get your search engine to their auction because it has
    PSA or whatever in the title. I hate these worse than any and I tell some when
    they use this crap!

It just gets very old wasting time on this stuff over and over and over and over again!

OK, my rant is now complete!

Thanks for playing!
    Tony
    KalineFan

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    i don't like the ones that have symbols @*! or L@@K

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    A few years ago, some guy had a raw 1993 Topps Fred McGriff card listed with "SET BREAK!" in the title. It always made me chuckle. image

Ironically, it was the only McGriff and the only 1993 Topps card he had listed.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    The ones that have OC in the title are very honest sellers and the ones that put PSA 9 with the SMR price and the card is OC when you see the scan are complete douches.----And honestly many board members do this and should be called out.
  • Options
    benderbroethbenderbroeth Posts: 1,699 ✭✭

<< <i>I prefer the OC in the title. I hate when they list it as an 8 or 9 but then it is with a qualifier.

Bob >>

+1

ed
    my t-205's

looking for low grade t205's psa 1-2
  • Options
    54topps54topps Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭
    I hate when the title says mint but the description says NMimage
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    don't know why you are upset when they say OC in the title.......usually all you hear on the threads is that folks don't state that it is OC or MC or PD in the title......only my opinion for educational purposes.....

al.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    Al,
    I like when OC is in the title. I thought that's what I said. When they don't put OC they are trying to deceive....plain and simple.

Mickey71
  • Options

<< <i>Al,
    I like when OC is in the title. I thought that's what I said. When they don't put OC they are trying to deceive....plain and simple.

Mickey71 >>

yeah me too
    my t-205's

• Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Al,

Mickey71 >>

sorry for the confusion, I was commenting on the beginning statement "..Blah Blah Blah.. PSA 8 OC !!!!!!! "

I too appreciate when they state it in the title....I know we can all look in the description but seeing it at the top removes any of the deceiving as you mentioned.

sorry for any misunderstanding.

al.

• Options
    no problem..i even once bid a card even after looking at the card because the title said osa 8 and because the card was a 1957 football card the centering did not really affect the look of the card but still..
    my t-205's

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The ones that have OC in the title are very honest sellers and the ones that put PSA 9 with the SMR price and the card is OC when you see the scan are complete douches.----And honestly many board members do this and should be called out. >>

Some are sure to tell you the SMR of a certain PSA 8 when their card is an OC and not worth anything near that amount. I make it a point not to purchase other cards that seller has even if the other ones have no qualifiers.

A while back there was a PSA 8 on ebay I needed for my 60 set. The scan was cropped as to show the top of the card and showing PSA 8 but the bottom of the scan was deficient. Also in the description it said PSA 7. I sent the seller a message politely asking if the card was a PSA 7, 8, or 8OC ( I feared perhaps the OC was cropped out of the scan.) His reply struck me as a little rude and he asked me if I read the title as it said PSA 8 in bold print. I did check the cert # and it was a PSA 8 but I declined to bid.
    Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    This one not from eBay but another board, advertising a raw card:

"FS: 1956 Topps Mantle....Trimmed!!"

As with others, I appreciate the seller being upfront in the title...but the exclamation points make me chuckle.
    Always looking for vintage White Sox cards at reasonable prices.