Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Parsippany NJ Coin Show Report

AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,375 ✭✭✭✭
Today was the monthly Parsippany, NJ Coin show held at the PAL center featuring close to 100 dealers. I arrived around 8:30, and found the floor croweded with people as usual. There was no line to sell silver in the small room this time around as there was last month. I had some type coins and Morgans to sell, as well as a little bit of silver and gold. I ended up selling everything but one gold soverign. Most dealers were not looking to buy Morgans with the recent price drop. Coins that sold quickly last month were just sitting this time around. As usual, problem coins were sitting month after month. There was absolutely zero demand for the 5oz ATB pucks. Many dealers had them, and when I asked about them, they said no interest. I would say the market is officially flooded. Speaking to a few dealers, it seemed not many were interested in buying silver due to fears of it dropping more.

I went expecting to purchase at least one coin a dealer had on hold for me. That was a 1807 Draped Bust half in PCGS VF35 CAC with very pretty peripheral toning and nice original/unharmed surfaces. Other purchases/trades included a 1817 Large Cent graded NGC MS62, and a very pretty 1853 large Cent graded NGC MS63. Both are from a collection I am not familiar with. The 1817 has amazingly clean surfaces with mint luster and very original color. The 1853 also has very nice surfaces with pretty color. I wouldnt be surprised if it was recolored though. I just love the look!

Board members I saw included: Halfhunter06, Rld14, Seaeaglecoins, Kiushu, Abitofthisabitofthat, Halfcentman, Commemdude and Joebb21. I apologize if I left anyone out. A board member showed me a coin that was in a PCGS slab...that apparently was switched! I didnt realize this could be done, but apparently it was confirmed. There was a small crack on the edge of the slab, and the coin inside was a dog (same year as the slab label of course). Kind of scary that this can be done, and another reason to buy CAC coins in my book.

Here are my newps. The slabs on the large cents are badly scratched up.

image

image

image

AJ
All coins kept in bank vaults.
PCGS Registries
Box of 20
SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file