Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1959 Three Stooges PSA 9 Moe about to end

PSA 9 Moe

This is a big time card about to end.

Comments

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    No late bids on this either ... and $2,575.00 did NOT meet the reserve.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No action.

Thought this might pop.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    guess the seller can't be too happy right now.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    frankly, i hate auctions with a reserve.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    When the #1 buyer eases up after taking a beating on a high end graded set, the bubble I told you was going to pop just popped... That card previously was a $5-7K card, now $2500ish.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    I hate auctions where the seller uses a shill.

Who cares if Richard is never selling.

Good for you.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Scott ... that guy who was buying all the Stooges high graded cards ... he has stopped???
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    I am no expert on these cards but trust me if he has as much invested as you think he will be back.

This guy has deep pockets and you can not discount that at any time.

• Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I hate auctions where the seller uses a shill.
    >>

A wise guy, eh? Why I oughta!
  • Options
    thedutymonthedutymon Posts: 4,323
    Evening,

Seller has bought into the hype of when the top 10, 1959 Stooges sets were a priority of one collector who doesn't even collect cards but just did it to be something special for his daughter. About 4 years ago he paid $75K for three checklists, since then he is done with that.

Reasonable price for this card should have been in the $4-$5 K range, if he thinks he is going to get his imagined $15K-$20K range....I have some Property in the Florida Panhandle that is above water this week........................

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    One guy claims to have 6 of the 8 PSA 9's

He surely did not pay 5-7k for each one.

Or did he?

Good for you.
  • Options
    The guy who made that comment is real.

Don't under estimate his buying power. There could have been something holding people back on this auction.

I once again know nothing about these cards but I do know that the guy who owns the market is not afraid of spending $2500 on this card.

This will be back up I bet soon and if there is no reserve will actually move.

• Options
    detroitfan2detroitfan2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely the first time the phrase "since I submitted my Moe" has appeared in an on-line auction.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    if there is no reserve will actually move.

I agree with you
  • Options
    I almost pulled the trigger a year or so ago on a Curly PSA 7 and passed. It seems to keep moving up in the higher grades and I decided to pull the trigger on a more affordable copy.

This one looks pretty solid to me and I am looking forward to getting it in hand.

PSA 5 Curly

• Options
    tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Dpeck expanding the collection. 1st Wilt and now Moe! image
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • Options

<< <i>Dpeck expanding the collection. 1st Wilt and now Moe! image >>

Yep image

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,653 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here is what I know,

I personally spoke with Richard (I sold him a couple 1966 3 stooges PSA 10 pop 1/0's and no, I won't mention his last name), and he has recently had some "Family" issues and I will leave it at that. He stated that he sold a complete set of 1959 Three Stooges PSA which 4SC's ended up buying intact at auction and couldn't sell, which was one of his lower graded sets on the registry, and basically since he has been having some personal problems, he hasn't been buying as much as he did in the past when he was setting the prices himself by outbidding everyone for whichever card he wanted. He is not doing that any more, in fact he has had to sell. He did say he checks the #1 set rating for the 1959 set daily to see if another pop 1 PSA 10 has been made, and usually checks the 1966 set randomly so to speak. He also went on to add that since he ran the prices up on the 1959 Stooges, he didn't realize that so many PSA 9's and 10's would be made and sold for unreal prices. He said that they are very difficult to keep up with.

If you ever get a chance to meet Richard, or speak to him on the phone, he is an incredibly generous, down to earth Man who absolutely LOVES the Three Stooges! It was an honor and a half to have made a few deals with him, and I wish him the very best.

Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    19541954 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭
    Richard is a very kind guy and I hope all works out with whatever is going on in his life. I know he has had a huge passion for colllecting these cards with his son.
    Looking for high grade rookie cards and unopened boxes/cases
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I almost pulled the trigger a year or so ago on a Curly PSA 7 and passed. It seems to keep moving up in the higher grades and I decided to pull the trigger on a more affordable copy.

This one looks pretty solid to me and I am looking forward to getting it in hand./q]

How 'bout a little curly shuffle
  • Options
    60sfan60sfan Posts: 311 ✭✭✭

<< <i>frankly, i hate auctions with a reserve. >>

+1