Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Question - What other holders will PCGS consider for Cross-Over?

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
Will PCGS consider any other holders besides NGC for cross-over? How about ANACS or ICG coins?

I can seem to find the answer for this on their Web Site image

Thanks, GrandAm image

------------------------------------------------

I did find this but it doesn't say and I thought I read on this Forum awhile back that they were only considering NGC coins for cross-over at this time? Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Crossover: Use the "Crossover" service for coins previously graded by another grading service. Submit the coins in the holder to PCGS. We will grade the coins and put them in a PCGS holder only if the PCGS grade meets or exceeds the other grading company's grade (unless specifically instructed differently by you). You cannot specify a higher minimum grade. If the PCGS grade is lower than the other grading company's grade, we will return the coin to you in the original holder. MS/PR 70 coins must have a minimum grade of 69 or lower.

GrandAm :)

Comments

  • Options
    TomBTomB Posts: 23,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any.
    Thomas Bush Numismatics & Numismatic Photography

    In honor of the memory of Cpl. Michael E. Thompson

    image
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    It just NGC that has got picky.image
    image
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 40,151 ✭✭✭✭✭
    even the homemade ones.

    it's just a matter of what grade it will get.
    Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    True. I submitted a piece once in an ICG holder, it came back in the same holder with a little pcgs tag in a bodybag with Genuine Cleaned on it.

  • Options
    ianrussellianrussell Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>True. I submitted a piece once in an ICG holder, it came back in the same holder with a little pcgs tag in a bodybag with Genuine Cleaned on it. >>



    I like when they give a reason - even though it didn't cross, you get an idea of what the graders were thinking.

    - Ian
    Ian Russell
    Owner/Founder GreatCollections
    GreatCollections Coin Auctions - Certified Coin Auctions Every Week - Rare Coins & Coin Values
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>It just NGC that has got picky.image >>



    ----------------------------------------------

    So are you saying that NGC will only consider PCGS Coins for cross-over and not other brands?

    I though I read something about somebody doing something image

    BTW for the record I would never consider crossing PCGS Coins to any other holder but I would buy a hard to find coin in another holder and try to cross to PCGS if I really needed the coin image

    GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,482 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>< True. I submitted a piece once in an ICG holder, it came back in the same holder with a little pcgs tag in a bodybag with Genuine Cleaned on it. >> I like when they give a reason - even though it didn't cross, you get an idea of what the graders were thinking. - Ian >>





    ummmmm, well yes, sort of. When I showed this coin to JA he said "this coin isn't cleaned".

    so, I dunno, I think they flunked it because of a planchet lamination.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had some luck with PCI graded coins at PCGS. Am a little scared to try my luck with the SGS brand in "70" holders, though.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,791 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Am a little scared to try my luck with the SGS brand in "70" holders, though. >>



    PCGS won't cross 70 coins in any slab since it's impossible to verify that the coin is perfect while it's within a slab.

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 18,022 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried to cross an ACG MS63 RED, cross at any grade. It didn't cross. I cracked it out, submitted it raw --- PCGS MS64RD. image

    DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

    CU #3245 B.N.A. #428


    Don
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Crack 'em out before you send them in. It makes life a lot easier.

    President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another question:

    Rather than start a new thread.

    Fee's on ATB 5 oz Silver Coin.

    Modern @ $14

    Oversized Holder @ $20

    1st Strike @ $18

    Handling Fee @ $8

    Return Shipping @ $16.95

    Total = $76.95

    Is this correct?

    I wouldn't send this coin in but it is flawless and should go MS69 or MS70.

    It is the Yellowstone Collectors Version.

    Anyone know of grades on these yet?

    Thanks, GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file