Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Comments on this set

Hi Everyone
I would like to hear your comments on this set I just bough
I no very little about , mint or proof sets.
Thanks
Alan
image
image
image

Comments

  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to say, the nickel and dime are worth bullion, spend the rest.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Sorry to say, the nickel and dime are worth bullion, spend the rest. >>




    image
    Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭✭
    I concur.
  • Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Sorry to say, the nickel and dime are worth bullion, spend the rest. >>



    image

    Sets like this are made up (not produced by the U.S. mint) for sale to buyers who have little knowledge of numismatics.
    Don't buy this stuff.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

    RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

    CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    Glad I only paid a few dollars for it.
    I just found it interesting.
    Alan
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623 ✭
    If under 10$ i think that set would be a very cool thing to give for a little kid to show him about old coins. While most of remember billions of Bicentennial and Ikes and what not it should be remember that kids wont see those type of those coins in their change.
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Those are aftermarket holders that were sold by Publisher's Clearing House. I bought several different coins from them over the years, even a 1890 CC Morgan for $25.image
    Becky
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 14,486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alan, Im not sure how far along you are in your numismatic journey....but money spent for things like this would be far better put to use buying a few quality books.

    just my opinion.....
  • Options
    When I saw this set the first thing I though was, My Grandchildren would enjoy them in a few years!
    It was not for any other reason, and as I said I only paid a few dollars for them.
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 25,233 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>Sorry to say, the nickel and dime are worth bullion, spend the rest. >>



    Yep.
    All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 34,329 ✭✭✭✭✭
    spend it. sorry to say

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file