Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1911-S lincoln

Link

Just doing some Ebay browsing for missing coins to my collection, and I came acroos this 1911-s lincoln cent.
I know the picture isn't the greatest, but My question is the mint mark. It looks indented, rather than raised.

Anyone willing to share an opinion?

Thanks

Paul
You can work until you get it right, or you can work till you can't get it wrong.
You don't get, what you don't ask for.

Comments

  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    You got that right!.
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."



    - Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 13,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's just an artifact of the image.
    I would bet it is a normal coin.
    It looks like a very unprofessional image with the date area drifting out of focus.

    "Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working" Pablo Picasso

  • Options
    RedHerringRedHerring Posts: 2,077 ✭
    Lightly circulated with carbon spots and possibly re-colored. Just poor images IMHO.

    Price is already higher than I would go for that piece.
  • Options
    GrumpyEdGrumpyEd Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭
    I think the mintmark only looks that way because of the photo.

    The coin has a spot on the reverse and what looks like may be a rim ding and ugly color.

    I'd rather have a nice even brown even if it had more wear. image
    Ed
  • Options
    drwstr123drwstr123 Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paul, I've been doing the Bay for many years and focus on Lincolns.
    Ya know something, I've never bought from that seller.
    Go figure?
  • Options
    SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Charmy has one that would meet your needs.
  • Options
    Thanks for the input everyone.
    You can work until you get it right, or you can work till you can't get it wrong.
    You don't get, what you don't ask for.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's one ugly Lincoln, alright. The dark spots look corrosive, something's been applied to make it glossy, color's off, rim ding on reverse. Bad photos and $3 to ship.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file