Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What to do with broken out slab inserts when returning them to pcgs?

I have a few old rattler slab inserts from PCGS. I am getting ready to send in an express grading order. I was wondering, when I send this package, can I include a small envelope with these inserts so they (PCGS) can reflect the population reports? Is there still like a 10 cent credit per insert? Not that it'll amount to much, but a little change would be nice. Anybody with recent experience in doing so have any advice, or even Don Willis himself?

Thanks!

Aaron

Comments

  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I donate all mine to Steve Contursi.

    roadrunner
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did that once and subtracted the bounty [fitty sense per insert] from the amount due. About tree months later, I still got a check for a couple bucks.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 45,242 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I did that once and subtracted the bounty [fitty sense per insert] from the amount due. About tree months later, I still got a check for a couple bucks. >>



    Cool Bajj.

    that's the Rebate + Program working to our advantage. image
    a mild rip , in the hobby of kings.

    Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.

  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I donate all mine to Steve Contursi.

    roadrunner >>

    image
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 47,796 ✭✭✭✭✭


    << <i>I was wondering, when I send this package, can I include a small envelope with these inserts so they (PCGS) can reflect the population reports? >>



    Yes! It's important that we keep the pop reports accurate.image

    Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

  • Options
    OchoRealesOchoReales Posts: 1,500 ✭
    It takes a few months to get a check but, at .50 per insert I recently recieved a check for $300.00! image
    Lurker since '02. Got the seven year itch!

    Gary
  • Options
    PreussenPreussen Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭
    I have never returned an insert to PCGS, but years ago I received 2 checks for $.50 each, referencing "insert credits" image .

    I still have them image
    "Illegitimis non carborundum" -General Joseph Stilwell. See my auctions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file