Home› U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Help with insurance claim?

al410al410 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭
I am filing a insurance claim online for a lost coin and it is asking for proof of value, I purchased this coin several years ago and do not have any reciept, anyone have experience on what to put in there?
Thanks in advance
AL

Comments

  • Options
    darktonedarktone Posts: 8,437 ✭✭✭
    Is this for the post office? If so be patient- itmay take a while to reimbursed. I had a package dissapear that was insured for like $3K. My claim was denied a couple of times before it went through. If you are a dealer a letter on a company letterhead saying you are a coin dealer should do it. if you are a collector just let them know you have many years experience as a collector and you know how to grade.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If the item was sold on eBay a print out of the auction worked for me the one time I had that happen.
    image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Image
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file