Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Miconelegacy Collection...New Gretzky addtion!!!

I decided since I have been and continue to open a lot of cards, to share with all of you on this forum. I am still mastering the scanning thing, so bare with me. I go through a lot of cards and I truly hope you enjoy them.

Thanks for looking!!!

These are from a recent Sub. I paid the $8 special as to have the ability to have some of the first Harper PSA 10's up on the Bay. We'll see how they do, but BGS 9.5's, base cards of Harper are going for good money.

I know BGS modern cards do bring more money usually, but I am loyal to PSA, and will never crossover. JMHO.

Garbage Pail kids from Box break several weeks back: 2 10's, the Scotty Potty is a POP 4, any idea how much they will bring???

4 Bowman Chrome Bryce Harper PSA 10's!!! Yes I spelled his name right this time around...

Like this guy and he's batting .510 over the last 7 games...

3 Bowman Prospects Bryce Harper. Modern cards look so nice in PSA cases. I have tons of graded Vintage too, don't worry...

3 Bowman's Best Harper's and the Blue is #D to 500

I Keep saying it on these boards. Paul Goldschmidt is a MONSTER!!!! 55 games, .342 BA, 69 hits, 19 HR's, 53 RBI's, .456 OBP, and Slugging .693
Blue Auto #D to 150, base Auto, and the Jeter will wait till 3,000...

And a few others. I will also Post some of my 77 Topps and 72 OPC's I ripped last night next. Thanks.
Miconelegacy Auctions
"Live everyday, don't throw it away"

Comments

• cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    image Great job!!! Hope you do well with the Harper on eBay.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    You gotta love 10's image
  • Does anyone know what the 10's will bring on the Garbage Pail Kids, or what VCP is on it. I will list them, well Probstein will list them with a competitve BIN. I always try to undercut the average. So hopefully their are never any crazy BIN prices. I would assume the Pop 4 GPK would bring a couple hundred??

I have only asked a few times, and this will be the last as I am signing up today.

Thanks,
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    I like Freddie Freeman too. He's way under the radar in Atlanta for sure, but I think he's the long-term solution at 1B. He's got good plate discipline and always puts good wood on the ball. Good power too, but he feels more like a Klesko-type 1B who opts to hit for average instead. I don't see this guy being a 40-HR a year player unless he's changes his style. Probably more of a .310-.320 BA with 20-25 HR and good OBP. And with McCann, Uggla, and Heyward already in the lineup, they don't really need Freeman to be a cleanup-type hitter.
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    You should sell the Bryce Harper's now via 3 day auction with no reserve. They're only going down in value as more get listed. Listen to my advice or I will get very angry and call you names.
  • Alright 3 Day it is.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • Just had 2 Cases of 2011 SP Legendary Cuts delivered. Each card is a Cut Signature. Will post results, ripping the first one now...
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • YogiBerraFanYogiBerraFan Posts: 2,390 ✭✭
    Your garbage man must hate you. Here is to some good pulls image
  • Picked up 2 cases for $1,020 each from Diamond Cards Online. 5 Boxes in a case, and each box has one pack with a cut signature in it.

First pack: Harry Brecheen 2/35

Second pack: Happy Chandler 3/35

Third Pack: Preacher Roe 3/35

Fourth pack: Heinie Zimmerman 4/7 Cool that it says "Best Wishes"

Fifth pack: Nice Hit I'll let the scan talk for itself!!!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    It appears that VCP does not have data for Garbage Pails.
  • Thanks. I noticed that, signed up today.

I just don't know what it's worth. I'm guessing a couple hundred??
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • AricAric Posts: 757 ✭✭
    Here's what I found in Terepeak. Strange, I could find no GPK Series 1 PSA 10 sales in the past 6 months. These are all from last year.

1985 GARBAGE PAIL KIDS #5B Jay Decay PSA 10 POP 1 CHKLT
    Yes Bid $9.99 $81.00 14 2010-06-16

1985 Topps GARBAGE PAIL KIDS #1 THIN LYNN 29b PSA 10
    Yes
    $79.99 $79.99 1 2010-08-29

1985 GARBAGE PAIL KIDS 1st Ser APRIL SHOWERS #7b PSA 10
    Yes Bid $9.99 $56.00 11 2010-09-07

1985 GARBAGE PAIL KIDS #2A JUNKFOOD JOHN PSA 10
    Yes Bid $9.99 $41.00 21 2010-06-16

1985 Garbage Pail Kids #18B Bad Brad PSA 10
    Yes
    $31.24 $31.24 1 2010-08-08

1985 GARBAGE PAIL KIDS #11B Bugged Bert PSA 10
    Yes Bid $9.99 $26.00 7 2010-06-16
  • Thanks for looking into Aric, much appreciated!
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • So I opened one of the packs I got back from the Group Pack break, because they wouldn't slab it.

Starting going through the cards and they weren't looking so good...

So you think they are a little off center or what??????
    What's crazy and why I scanned these to show you, is that this cool card was sitting in the middle of the pack. Have you heard of him before???

I'll send it in for a grade, any thoughts on what it will grade...8 or so?

Miconelegacy Auctions
  • jimradjimrad Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭
    yikes
    Positive transactions with: Bkritz,Bosox1976,Brick,captainthreeputt,cpettimd,craigger,cwazzy,DES1984,Dboneesq,daddymc,Downtown1974,EAsports,EagleEyeKid,fattymacs,gameusedhoop,godblessUSA,goose3,KatsCards,mike22y2k,
    MULLINS5,1966CUDA,nam812,nightcrawler,OAKESY25,PowderedH2O,relaxed,RonBurgundy,samsgirl214,shagrotn77,swartz1,slantycouch,Statman,Wabittwax
  • Jim you posted before I edited it. I scanned it with 1200 resolution, hope it shows up better. Still working on the whole scanning thing. I think I need to bring down the size a bit, lol.

Anyway thanks for looking.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    Wow, Mike! Best centering in the pack! Congrats!!!
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say at least an 8 if you don't get hut with a PD qualifier. If you can, try and remove the snow from the card with a nylon before sending it in. Great pull, btw! My luck is usually the opposite with the .200 hitter perfectly centered and the Yount OC! LOL!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • really nice centering on the Yount!

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    WTG MIKE! Awesome pull. How is Michelle feeling?
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • She's in the hospital now. Has been since Friday. Brought her to the ER Friday. 4th time in 3 weeks if you can believe it.

We are going to start home health care probably on Tuesday when she comes home. She has pneumonia and more growth in her liver and lungs. She'll also be going on oxygen. We've had a prescription for a wheel chair, and need to get that filled tomorrow. We are going to have fluids and nutrients administered here at home.

I do hope and believe we'll still be able to get to Disney. Michelle really wants to have one final fun vacation with the kids. Even if she can't do a lot, she'll be able to have those amazing smiles from her beautiful kids. Orlando had great hospitals if we had to go there.

They are going to give her chemo, that's what my wife wants. If she gets too sick from it this time, then they'll be no more. This is called Doxyl or doxycycline and she's taken it before. There's no more options, trials, or drugs really. She takes morphine now in a pill form, and we are going to see if we can get it at the house. If you go on chemo hospice can't get involved.

My wife will keep fighting until the end. The kids and I are okay. We all have experienced this torture if you will for a long time. Time for peace. My wife is very scared and we will just give all the love we had. She's loved by many and especially the Lord.

We hold on to the strength to inspire, and we will help her live, laugh, and love.
    Miconelegacy Auctions
  • scmavlscmavl Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭
    That's so hard, Mike. A friend of ours who had a double mastectomy (at 31) came to see my wife last night at an event at a local bookstore (my wife is an author). She just finished chemo for her breast cancer a month ago, and then last week she had an ovarian cancer scare that turned out to be (as far as we know) ok. It's bee hard on us and she's just a friend so my head spins when I think about you and your kids.

You and Michelle are always in my thoughts.
    2.5 is pretty much my speed.
  • cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭
    NICE ROBIN, BATMAN!!!

Just know that Michelle is in our prayers. I hope that Disney trip puts a smile on all your faces. Its my favorite place to go with the kids just because of their reactions to everything going on.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,477 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best wishes for you and your wife, Mike...I hope she feels better soon.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I got 100 on that Potty Scotty!
  • That's like finding a needle in a haystack nice pull! Glad it didn't look like this one I pulled from a mini pack lol

• << <i>That's like finding a needle in a haystack nice pull! Glad it didn't look like this one I pulled from a mini pack lol

image >>

And I notice Robin's smile is a little bigger on that one too!!!